Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the KC Metro

It`s long and I`m horrible at these so thank you, Autopia, for your Let us get to know you! thread. Looks like an interview, does that make me important?

1. How did you wind up at Autopia?
    I actually found AutoGeek a while ago and have been reading their forum lately. I participated here and there in conversations and multiple people mentioned Autopia. I actually never cared much to come over here until this morning. Let`s just say that recent even have left me less than satisfied with their forums at the moment.

2. What do you like most about detailing?
    It`s a time to relax for me. One of the few things I`ve found that allows me to just focus on one thing and that`s it. Recently purchased a GG6 and will hopefully get to try working on paint soon.

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why?
    I`m still searching for my favorite products and processes. I can say that so far I am a Meguiar`s fan.

4. What`s your dream car and why?
    Too many to list. If I had to choose one... Pagani Zonda F. Why? It`s fast and it looks amazing.

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia?
    Haven`t really learned a lot from Autopia yet. I hope that I`ll learn plenty though.

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?
    It all depends on the day really. I dabble in a little bit of everything really. Video games, mechanics (that`s my job so I try to avoid it at home), reading, movies, construction, landscaping, almost anything that engages my brain and/or my hands and I`ll give it a shot. I just wish I had a motorcycle again, not a whole lot beats two wheels.

7. Do you have any pets? If so, types, names, pics.
    Yep, I have six.
    Kacy - Yellow Lab/German Shepard mix. Was supposed to be a black lab we saw on craigslist. Went to look and she definitely wasn`t black and we couldn`t leave her in those conditions.

Punk - He`s a cat, what else is there to say?

Ruger - Black lab. Yes, he`s a pure-bred with papers. He`s the runt and an amazing dog.

Porsche and Mercedes - Fancy Rats.

Mila - The newest family member. She`s a boxer my brother found on the side of the road with her chain caught in the guardrail. Her previous owners had tried to doc her ears, had her do claws removed, and improperly docked her tail and none of them were healed. He wounds were infected, she was severely underweight, and she was less than 6 months old and had already had puppies. Now she`s our new pup and getting the right treatment. However, she can jump a 10 foot privacy fence.

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians.
    I don`t have any of those yet. I love a bowl of vinegar in a closed cabin all day for odor control but I don`t think that is much of a secret.

9. Where are you from and where do you live now?
    Kansas City, MO. I`ve lived in many places while I was active military but, sadly, am back around KC.

10. What was you first car and what got you interested in keeping cars perfect?
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim. Don`t hate, it was free... and horrible and lasted about a month before the engine completely went. No idea what started it really, probably my black Dodge I had. Recently I`ve found I did a lot of things wrong with that truck too.

11. What motivates you to detail?
    See number 2. Plus, first impressions are everything, aren`t they?

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car?
    If I needed to, yes.

13. Does detailing run in the family at all, or are you the only normal one?
    I`m the only normal one and that means everyone wants me to do theirs - for free of course.

14. What is your favorite part about detailing?
    See 11.

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it?
    I`ve thought about maybe dabbling in mobile detailing. I don`t think I have the skills right now except for maybe some production style details. However, if I try to do it for pay I`d like to make sure I can do it all and do it right.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from the KC Metro

welcome to the autopia forum asylum.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Autopia!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the addiction
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

I probably should have forewarned in the introduction. I`m bad at lurking. I read and read and don`t post a whole lot until I get to know the place and/or have something to really contribute.

We`ll see how it all goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Autopia!

Thread Information