Post Thanks / Like

Checking in from So. Cal.

I ran across this forum when I started searching various types of Ceramic Coatings.

I`ve been detailing my own car with various Meguiars products. I have a D/A polisher that I`ll use for cutting/polishing, but I don`t like using it for waxing.

I have a black BMW M3 on order and when it arrives I was looking to take it straight to a shop and have them clean it up and apply a couple of layers of a ceramic coating. After searching around San Diego and getting quoted several thousand I`ve decided it will be in my best interest to just do it myself.

The plan is to make sure that they don`t wash the car before I pick it up. Park it in my garage. Pressure wash it. Clay it (I remember how rough my paint was on my last new car 10 years ago). Polish it and then apply a ceramic sealant. In my search for search for sealants I`ve narrowed my search to cquartz and nanolex. I have nanolex window and leather treatments already, which I love. Unfortunately I can`t find a US distributor for their SIO2. I was looking at cquartz finest, but it looks like they don`t sell it to normal people, so I`m looking at getting cquartz UK.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Checking in from So. Cal.

Welcome to our home. Yours now to, since it seems like you have the same affliction as the rest of us. (the quest for more gloss and shine)

May I suggest you look at BlackFire Crystal Coating. It gives same gloss/shine/look as UK, and is tons easier to use as well as better support from the folks at Autopia. (having used both)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

<---- long time bmw fan

Good choice in car by the way...........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to AF.

Post Thanks / Like

kamakazi coatings from Auto Detailing Supplies | Esoteric Car Care
    modesta from your local modesta installer (pay to have it installed, you wont regret it)
    Gyeon mohs+ is solid, also at esoteric
    Cant go wrong with Cquartz UK

there is a difference in UK vs Finest from Cquartz, so don`t think they are one in the same. The pro version of any coating, or pro only coatings will give you better results in the end and the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
    modesta from your local modesta installer (pay to have it installed, you wont regret it)

there is a difference in UK vs Finest from Cquartz, so don`t think they are one in the same. The pro version of any coating, or pro only coatings will give you better results in the end and the long run.
    I understand that. I was ready to put down some cash as I understand the value, but I can`t justify spending $1.5-2k. I still have a wife to convince, lol. I`ve seen other people claim they`ve done it for cheaper in other parts of the country. It`s just the San Diego tax and it sickens me to know that. Funny thing is those are "discounted" prices, lol. My current car spent 6 years out in the sun in Japan. It`s in much better shape the. Cars half her age, so my current methods are doing well.
    I also want to get the front end xpel wrapped and that quote is $1.5-2k as well. 3-4k to protect the car is a bit ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Welcome to our home. Yours now to, since it seems like you have the same affliction as the rest of us. (the quest for more gloss and shine)

May I suggest you look at BlackFire Crystal Coating. It gives same gloss/shine/look as UK, and is tons easier to use as well as better support from the folks at Autopia. (having used both)
    Thank you and I`ll look into it. Luckily I still have a few months until my car arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    <---- long time bmw fan

Good choice in car by the way...........
    Thank you. It`ll be my first. I`ve had Domestics and Japanese cars my whole life.
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    welcome to AF.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

$1.5-2k for a front partial film wrap? That sounds completely exorbitant. Can anyone justify such an expense? Please, educate me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    $1.5-2k for a front partial film wrap? That sounds completely exorbitant. Can anyone justify such an expense? Please, educate me!
    You`re telling me brother. Most places are like that here. I was quoted $800 to tint the rear three windows with ink film, INK FILM! They tried to tell me that ceramic tint was crap, lol.
    Luckily I have friends who wrap so u should be fine on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
    Kamikaze looks legit as well. Since its made in Japan I should be able to find a shop out there if/when I go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Thread Information