Post Thanks / Like

Did I get ripped off !?!?!?

Got a gauge from a guy that showed me everything about detailing and sold me a $400 dollar gauge that I saw for $115 anyone know anything about this? It`s a dt-156 supposedly it measures aluminum AND metal that`s why it cost more...(what he said)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did I get ripped off !?!?!?

Several things here....first, never believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see. Second, we all have phones with internet, so why wouldn`t you do a quick search for reviews before buying? Third, honestly nothing else matters...the first 2 things would have saved you. I can`t find anything on a gauge with those numbers. It`s like it doesn`t exist. Use the Internet to your advantage and never buy anything without it. Ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MooreImpressive View Post
    Several things here....first, never believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see. Second, we all have phones with internet, so why wouldn`t you do a quick search for reviews before buying? Third, honestly nothing else matters...the first 2 things would have saved you. I can`t find anything on a gauge with those numbers. It`s like it doesn`t exist. Use the Internet to your advantage and never buy anything without it. Ever.

I guess I trusted this guy too much but I had a "c" instead of a t on my post sorry about that I guess this is a lesson learned

Post Thanks / Like

I think it may be the same gauge I use - a CEM-DT156

I think I paid like $120 for it off Amazon....it measures ferrous and non-ferrous metals

Post Thanks / Like

Well you paid 120$ a gauge and 280 to learn you cant trust that guy or really anyone. But as always fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

doesnt matter if you are buying a house, a car, a paint gauge, a laptop, groceries, or a tooth brush, you have to be a smart consumer and shop around for the best deal. lesson learned.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that seems like a great deal for a Gauge ( the $118 from Amazon) , for those of you who use it, has it been reliable so far?? had no idea one at such a good price was available (cheapest one i saw there was $400) . Thinking about getting this right away if i see good feedback on it.

In regards to the OP, just be careful from now on and like already stated, do not trust everyone especially when they`re trying to sell you something. Even when my own friends offer me something at a "good price" i go online real quick and check prices for it, you never know.

Sorry to hear about your loss of $, but hopefully you`re the type of person who will take this as a lesson and won`t allow it to happen in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could buy used positest dft, they go for mid 300s and are of much better caliber. When making big purchases you must do your hw. In this case you learned the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea my fault for not checking before I bought it good thing is I still owe him some cash were having a talk before I hand anything to him lol

Post Thanks / Like

I would return it an get a politest DFT combo then. MUCH better unit.

Thread Information