Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot`s Garage is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I have a question Mr Griot`s Garage. I`m posting it here, as it may help someone else. I bought a GG 6" polisher from Autogeek. Somehow, the black plastic shroud has cracked along the front of the polisher, perpendicular to the metal shroud that covers that counter weight and DA mechanism. It`s the piece you would rest your palm on.

The machine works fine - and it wasn`t dropped. Not sure how it happened, just noticed it`s cracked throughout. Is this a warranty item?
    That would be covered under our lifetime warranty. I can have someone contact you directly, you can give us a call or fill out the Return Form.
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

www.griotsgarage.com - Have fun in your garage!

Post Thanks / Like

Bill-- Here`s another couple of warranty questions. I have the second version of the Griots polisher. In the box was also a spare set of brushes but no instructions on how to install them. Customer Service said I should throw them away (which I did) as changing them would voide the warranty. Also, I inquired about changing the power cord (the supplied cord is stiff plastic--the only negative regarding the polisher) to a softer cord. Customer Service advised against it as this could also void the warranty. So basically we shouldn`t open the case or attempt any type of modification or repair?? Is this accurate??
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Will a new Griot DA be released soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Bill-- Here`s another couple of warranty questions. I have the second version of the Griots polisher. In the box was also a spare set of brushes but no instructions on how to install them. Customer Service said I should throw them away (which I did) as changing them would voide the warranty. Also, I inquired about changing the power cord (the supplied cord is stiff plastic--the only negative regarding the polisher) to a softer cord. Customer Service advised against it as this could also void the warranty. So basically we shouldn`t open the case or attempt any type of modification or repair?? Is this accurate??
    That is correct. We advise against making any modifications or repairs to the 6". If something needs, repair, it`s covered under the warranty. We`ll just send you out a new one.
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Will Griot`s consider making a larger stroke machine? I`d definitely be one of the first in line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Will Griot`s consider making a larger stroke machine? I`d definitely be one of the first in line!
    We are happy to take all product development recommendations/ideas!
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griot`s Garage View Post
    That is correct. We advise against making any modifications or repairs to the 6". If something needs, repair, it`s covered under the warranty (even the brushes). We`ll just send you out a new one.
    Thanks Bill!! I`d be second in line behind Driver for a large stroke polisher!!!!!
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griot`s Garage View Post
    We are happy to take all product development recommendations/ideas!

I think I speak for a lot of us, if you did these two idea`s/machines it would increase sales by a lot and possibly move you up to a even a pro grade (Machine wise) in the industry. I understand Griot`s is a consumer more then a pro company so less aggressive an lower price point machines are definitely more doable (An nothing beats the GG6 value wise, I`ve had two plus a GG3).

1. Large throw machine like the Rupes 21, as a detailer a large throw machine is essential for two reasons. The first being it corrects faster, thus less time equal more profit and get to go home a little earlier each day. The second is you can remove deeper imperfections than smaller stroke machines. As pro our job is to remove stuff most people are nervous or just don`t have the tools to remove big imperfections.

2. The "unicorn" of the detailing machine world. If Griot`s were to make a Forced Rotation, smaller scale polisher this would be a MUST HAVE for any pro. If you were to use a forced rotation gear system like in the flex 3401 and build a smaller compact version say the size of the GG3. Every professional from Fl to Washington would have it.
    Likes Griot's Garage, pwaug, mshu7, Greg Gellas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

hey bill, what`s the scoop on the new liquid gloss poly wax? looks interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    hey bill, what`s the scoop on the new liquid gloss poly wax? looks interesting.
    What would you like to know?! that stuff is awesome! Obviously the synthetic vs carnauba debate will be never-ending but the glossy, wet-look Poly Wax leaves is awesome.
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

Post Thanks / Like

is the durability about the same as best of show in terms of months ? I do like the finish best of show leaves, but hopefully it`s easier to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    is the durability about the same as best of show in terms of months ? I do like the finish best of show leaves, but hopefully it`s easier to remove.
    Poly Wax will last longer ("several months" vs 2-3). There is a slight difference in finish which comes down to preference (synthetic vs carnauba). Poly Wax is very easy to remove as well. Especially with a PFM Towel!
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information