Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Steve.

I always thought I knew car detailing but with my latest acquisition, I want to know that I know car detailing. I have had the car for a few years but want to get serious about properly caring for the paint.

I just ordered a P/C 7424XP, I got it now because I have some polishing on my glass headlights that I have apart right now. I stumbled upon this site while trying to find reviews of the polished that I bought before I ordered it.

Also checked out the store front here, how do I learn about what foam pads are good for what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Steve - What part of MI are you at? We`ve got quite a few Michiganders here actually.

As far as foam goes, they range in variety from cutting to polishing to finishing. Many companies color code their foam with different colors so keep that in mind when you`re shopping around. When working with your PC, I`d strongly suggest going with a 5 inch flat style pad. And also keep in mind that Micro Fiber is the new sensation for killing paint defects too. They cut and finish very well and last along time and are easy to clean. Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Steve!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Thread Information