Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone I am sort of new to Autopia...I don`t really think I`ve posted anything but with the weather going to break soon in Canada I wanted to come here and actually say hi.

1. How did you wind up at Autopia?

I wound up here from an internet search. I am a member of a few other detailing forums but this one seems to be the most thorough.

2. What do you like most about detailing?

I enjoy the relaxation time. It`s a lot of work but I find it rewarding. I also like to help my friends and family with it because they are usually so surprised when I`m done.

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why?

I really like the Autoglym line of products. I like that they have a product for most things that are common. They tend to work well and are not too expensive. I am also experimenting with Carpro, Griot`s Garage, and Poorboy`s World.

4. What`s your dream car and why?

My dream car would be a Ferrari. The new ones are nice but I really like to older 328/348 for a more affordable acquisition.

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia?

That patience gets the job done.

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?

Other than cars and detailing I am also interested in powerboard scootering.

7. Do you have any pets? If so, types, names, pics.

No pets yet...would like a rabbit or a dog.

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians.

A) Hose Blockers - they go behind the tires of the car and when you move your hose around they stop it from getting caught under the tires.

When detailing your car have it face the road...generally driveways are slanted from the house down to the road and this will keep the doors from closing while you`re working.

C) Small fridge in the garage...many nights you might want to sit out there and having access to a small fridge will keep some drinks cold in the summer heat!

9. Where are you from and where do you live now?

I am from Pickering, Ontario and now live in Ajax, Ontario.

10. What was you first car and what got you interested in keeping cars perfect?

My first car I paid for myself was my 1978 Austin Mini. I spent several years restoring it and the very first car show I entered it in, won first place!

11. What motivates you to detail?

The satisfaction of the work. I also like to be outside and this keeps me there for hours on end.

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car?

I would if I had a car I wasn`t so picky about. Before I got into this I thought about paying someone but now I just do it myself.

13. Does detailing run in the family at all, or are you the only normal one?

No, sadly I am the only one affected. I have to detail all their cars.

14. What is your favorite part about detailing?

I would say the waxing part is my favourite. Being somewhat new to this I haven`t gotten into paint correction and that type of stuff but I really enjoy waxing. Like Mr. Miyagi says "wax on - wax off".

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it?

I would love to do it full time, but the season is short here in wintry Canada. So I will stick to it for a hobby only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia! I`m right across the the Windsor border from you in Detroit. Thanks for joining and proving us with your info. Glad you`re here.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Welcome to Autopia! I`m right across the the Windsor border from you in Detroit. Thanks for joining and proving us with your info. Glad you`re here.

Thanks David!

Thread Information