Post Thanks / Like
    Hello fellow detailers. My name is Jeremy, and have been looking around the forum for some time now. I must say, the knowledge that comes out of this sight is second to none. I`ve finally set the ball in motion for getting a mobile detailing business up and running in the spring. Ill be serving, Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula counties in Ohio. Pretty much North Eastern Ohio. I`ve been detailing for over fifteen years on the side and always wondered how your guys`s complete detail times were so fast. Turns out every car I touched was given a correction detail, and I was only charging 250 to 300 on these things. Most of them took me twelve to sixteen hours being pretty bad to start. All this time I just thought that was a normal detail job. Now, I can smoke two or three a day out no problem. It`s amazing, I thought I knew so much about it. In a way I guess I did, but now I consider it " the old fashioned way" with my chemicals and equipment. Im going to get my father involved with it though he doesn`t know anything about it, but differences when i was younger prevented us from enjoying one another`s company, so this will be perfect to make some good quality time. I`m gonna spend the money for him and i to go to the Detail Kings all weekend schooling, along with all the optional extra things like windshields, interior burns, leather, and headlight repair, whatever we can learn. This will put us on the same page, and bring both of us up to speed in the new world of detailing. I`m nervous that the way the worlds going that I can still make a great living doing this, eventually going full time. I`ve finally discovered the American dream, and that`s working for yourself. This is gonna be huge! I look forward to sharing this passion with you guys, and appreciate the respect given though some may have different opinions. Enough blabbering, time to get down to business, and as always, God Bless The United States of America!!!!!!!!
    Valor Automotive

Detailing / Reconditioning

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forums. Just a friendly suggestion I`d research your choice of schools closely. Personally if I was paying for school it`d be Renny Doyle`s school.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and best of luck!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    to Autopia Inside Man

“Detailing Training Courses” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ml#post1469091
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeremy - Welcome to Autopia! There`s a ton of talent here that can give you a full spectrum of their experiences in regards to how to succeed in the detailing industry. I think what you need to do is closely examine your market and determine what you can offer that will people want and go after that with as much velocity as possible. What works for someone in the west coast, might not work for you in the midwest and vise versa. Please keep us updated with your progress and let us know if you need help brainstorming.....
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information