Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I`ve been learning a lot about the art of car detailing on this site, it`s a real wealth of knowledge. I have a 2004 silver Subaru WRX that I really enjoy detailing, and looking for ways to make the color really pop.

But you know what I like about autopia and its member? Even though everyone is very passionate and loyal to products, techniques, etc, there`s no childish bashing going around. I go on other special interest sites and you see a lot of that holier-than-thou attacks on each other. I use mostly Meguiar`s products and have generally been very happy, and I know it`s something of an easy to obtain mainstream product. I was afraid that people who use expensive boutique products would just bash Meguiar`s and their users. But I haven`t seen that at all. Some people even use some of the products. It`s refreshing to see people who are passionate yet respectful. Thanks everyone!

Kev

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid123
    Hi,

I`ve been learning a lot about the art of car detailing on this site, it`s a real wealth of knowledge. I have a 2004 silver Subaru WRX that I really enjoy detailing, and looking for ways to make the color really pop.

But you know what I like about autopia and its member? Even though everyone is very passionate and loyal to products, techniques, etc, there`s no childish bashing going around. I go on other special interest sites and you see a lot of that holier-than-thou attacks on each other. I use mostly Meguiar`s products and have generally been very happy, and I know it`s something of an easy to obtain mainstream product. I was afraid that people who use expensive boutique products would just bash Meguiar`s and their users. But I haven`t seen that at all. Some people even use some of the products. It`s refreshing to see people who are passionate yet respectful. Thanks everyone!

Kev

Welcome aboard ! and stick around a bit longer...you`ll see some fireworks every now `n` then :rules:

In reality, it`s a pretty liberal group and most are good-natured. There`s much to learn and read, take your time!

Good luck.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct in your findings. People here are very kind and willing to help - and often the responses are very quick. Whenever I have a question I come to autopia, search, then ask if I need an opinion on something. Many of the members here, including myself arent stuck on just one product line. It is nice to have a variety, I use Meguairs Tire Shine, #80, #34, and ordered some APC and Hyper Dressing...and have many botique products as well. Since joining Autopia I have spent well over $600 already and I have only been a member for 7 months! Everyday I search product reviews, and find one more thing I want to add to my arsenal Good luck with the addiction, can`t wait to see some pictures of your car!

Post Thanks / Like
    The worst thing about Autopia is figuring out which product is "best". There are so many fine products. I`ve come across numerous items that I can`t live without. Things have really changed over the past 5 - 8 years and it seems like some new players are entering the market with blockbuster products. I still like to read the product reviews, wait 6 months and have a look at what people are saying or aren`t.

Thread Information