Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself. Diabolic here, 24 years old and reside in Northern California. I’ve been detailing since the age of 16, but recently have been interested in more serious paint correction, if you know what I mean. I’m not a “pro” by any means, but I consider my skill level “intermediate” as you will see later as I post some of my most recent results.

1. How did you wind up at Autopia?

I found Autopia by mistake while searching some of Scott Wax’s tips online. He is a member of my home forum (V6Performance.Net). Yes, Scott Wax is my hero.

2. What do you like most about detailing?

I love cars, and nothing ruins a car’s look than a swirled, scratched, defect filled finish. There’s nothing more satisfying than to take a car that looks like crap, and transforming it to a piece of art.

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why?

My two favorite product lines are Meguiar’s & Mothers. I work part time at a local Auto store and I get 20% off anything. These two brands are the top of the line that we carry, and all that I’m used to using. I’m sure there are other comparable brands, but these two have never let me down and create top notch results in my opinion.

4. What`s your dream car and why?

My dream car is the new ZR1 Corvette. It screams American Horsepower. Although I drive a rare 6 speed Accord V6 coupe, my heart will always stay true to Chevy. I have a passion for Japanese imports, although only a TRUE car fanatic will appreciate all types of vehicle makes and models.

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia?

I have learned over the months of reading articles on here that there is no miracle product out there that will be the answer to all your prayers. No steps, number of steps, or products will always achieve you the result you’re looking for. Every car is different. Sure there may be a really

basic step process to follow such as wash, clay, polish, seal/wax, but the steps/passes involved products needed/pads required will always vary. This is the difference between a newbie and a pro, in my opinion.

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?

I’m into Online Gaming, primarily on Xbox Live. I played on a professional level, but now as I get older I find myself leaning towards more “adult” hobbies per say.

7. Do you have any pets? If so, types, names, pics.

No pets, wife isn’t too fond of animals :/

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians.

I doubt the techniques I use are anything but secret, but what I do that makes my work come out exceptional, is I listen to my favorite music to get me into my groove.

9. Where are you from and where do you live now?

I’m from Northern California, and reside in Modesto California.

10. What was your first car and what got you interested in keeping cars perfect?

My first car was a 1989 Honda Accord, hence the spark of my passion for Japanese Imports. It looked like crap, and thats when my interest for making cars look good sparked.

11. What motivates you to detail?

My passion for cars.

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car?

With all the hacks here in Modesto, and so called “professional” car wash establishments, I would never. ALTHOUGH….if Scott Wax was in the area I would pay him to showeth me his wisdom :waxing:

13. Does detailing run in the family at all, or are you the only normal one?

Haha! I must be the only normal one

14. What is your favorite part about detailing?

I love being outside in my shorts and flip flops, and enjoying the weather.

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it?

This is a tough one for me. It is my main hobby as of right now. I work two jobs to support me and my wife, and will be leaving for the military in a few months. I plan on starting a low key, part time mobile detail business in the future. I believe if I did this full time, it would take the fun of detailing for me because it would turn it from a hobby into a full time commitment. In which in my case, my full time commitment would be to lay waste to enemies of the United States of America.

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro guys, I look forward to sharing my results and products I used to achieve them.

-Diabolic

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! What an introduction!!!!!

Welcome to Autopia!

Make sure to post your work. I love seeing pictures.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That even caught my attention. Welcome and thank you for your service to this country!
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Autopia! Nicely made introduction.

If Scottwax is your Hero, your in for a world of :tape2:

j/k, you really did learn from one of the best.

Hope to see more posts!
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    BAMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you are a Chevy fan!

P1090407 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ LOL right on the money. My favorite color, and my favorite american muscle car, 69 Camaro. What are the odds! Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great intro! Thanks for all the effort. Welcome!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Thread Information