Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to all. Name is Brad, located in the metro Memphis TN area (Collierville specifically).

I`ve been browsing around here for quite some time but finally decided to register. My story starts back around 2003 when I bought a brand new Sentra SE-R Spec V in "Blackout". I only had it for about 4 months before it met the rear end of a 350Z and went to live with someone else. After that I went a little older and grabbed a 93 Prelude, another black car, but this time it was Nighthawk Black Pearl and needed some paint work and a lot of cleaning on the outside.

Soon after buying that car, I joined a local forum and heard about/met Joe (ebpcivicsi - Word of Mouth Detailing) when he was mobile/before he had a shop. At the time, he was doing some "teaching" sessions at his house. I only made it to one of them but learned a ton in those few hours.

Fast forward a few years, and I have a few trophies from that car but it is now confined to my back yard since blowing it up with a few too many boost spikes at the track in 2006. Since then I`ve had a red Dakota with the usual peeling Dodge clear, and a white 98 626 that I just didn`t care enough about to worry with detailing it.

I now have a 2011 Tempest Blue Jetta and the love of a shiny wet looking darkish car has me again. For now it`s only been a wash, clay, and wax since I don`t have a D/A but after using one on the Lude back in the day, I know I need to pull the trigger to get this one to where I want it eventually. Nothing major, just normal swirls from a year of being a "fleet" vehicle and more than likely not washed properly.

Sorry for the long intro but I`m looking to enjoy my time here. I tend to lurk and read more than post but maybe one day I can contribute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia!!!!

I am a VW owner as well.

You sure had one of the best teaching you.

I agree, you need a PC to tackle the paint on the Jetta.

If you haven`t seen it, here is a link to 3D`s version of the PC, and very potent one at that. I have a copy, and it is my new "main machine". You`ll love it

please post pictures when you can, that is a very nice color you have there.

3D Car Care; Car Wash, Car Wax, Auto Detailing supplies, Car Polishers, Car Buffers & accessories store

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Brad! Can`t wait to see pics of all your work!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Thread Information