Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have been lurking here for a little while, but I figure it`s about time to introduce myself-- especially since I am at the point where I want to ask questions and become a little more active.

With that said, my name is Adam, and I live just north of Seattle, WA.

I have always appreciated nice cars, and like to think I have always had one or two. It wasn`t until finding this place that I realized why some cars look nicer than others and there is more to a car`s looks than putting wax on it or having some magical detailer do something to it that I couldn`t possibly understand.

I started wanting to do more of my own work (more than just putting cheap wax on by hand and never seeing a difference) after having my truck detailed by a body shop guy. I admit, it came out nice. I`ve since worked on it myself and gotten it to look really nice and kept up on it. But the catalyst for me, was picking the truck up and talking to the detailer. I asked him what he used. He went and grabbed some generic clear bottles and said "whatever they buy for me," and had his big machine with a dirty wool pad on it. I knew something was not right.

I went from there to clay bars and better waxes. And being much happier. Still scared of machines.

From there, I happened to find my way to Griot`s, which is headquartered near here (I never knew). I was able to observe some guys demonstrating their machines and polishes and I finally wanted to try it.

So, at this point, I have a Griot`s DA, and I have used their One Step Polish Sealant and been VERY happy with it. Now I`m hooked. I want to do more. And try different products. And get a smaller machine to be able to do even more areas. And want to get better.

Anyway, happy to be here. Looking forward to learning more. Already grateful for the new knowledge.

Thanks,

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia Adam. Glad you joined.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Welcome to Autopia Adam. Glad you joined.

Thanks David. Believe it or not, I have read some of your posts and members like you are part of the reason I keep coming back and wanting to learn more. I appreciate the help!

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard Adam. My shop is in Bellevue if you need a few pointers don`t hesitate to call or stop by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Welcome aboard Adam. My shop is in Bellevue if you need a few pointers don`t hesitate to call or stop by.

Thanks John. I have heard of you on here, didn`t realize you were so close. Bonus! I`m going to send you a PM with some questions.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Great story! Welcome to the big show!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Thread Information