Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all long time lurker (sporratic) first time poster- just got my new 2011 528i white on black and very fond of her...minus that its not a 535 (shoulda gone a bit extra for more engine..oh well!) anyhow!

just received my ultima waterless water wash...very new to car care and caring for my car (always owned leases, straight through to the car wash)

Im in my office right now and I have a fish tank...I have a ro/di water filter in my office that I use to keep the top off in my salt water tank..I`m taking a 5 gallon bucket home to use on my baby. I`m also going to fill my spray bottle of uww with that water too to help reduce dry spots.

Here`s a question i have, This saturday will be 2 weeks since the car was wash detailed (professionally) detailer washed, polished and put a layer of opti-coat on the car. I also put the armor wheel protectant on the wheels that seems to be holding up nice.

the car is overall very clean except for the rear fenders on both sides and a bit on the front behind the front wheels.

(if you can imagine its just the black streak of dirt from the everyday drive)

my first white car so I`m noticing it more and tyring to keep it as clean as I can.

This seems to me like the car is lightly to lightly medium dirty. which would call for a simple spray of the diluted concentrate and a whipe of the microfiber towel correct?

my second and most important question is, don`t you go through more microfibers this way since the microfiber is dry and your not essentially getting off some of the grime by dripping it in a bucket?

how many clean microfibers will you go through when you do it this route, and lastly when your done cleaning this route do you just clean your microfiber towels in the wash or by hand essentially making this cleaning process much faster since no water or buckets are involved?

If you want to go through each question and answer in red or so that would be great!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I`m not a fan of waterless washing even though I know most work pretty well. The problem we have in the Dallas area is all the tree sap that ends up on car (live oaks are pretty nasty) that waterless washes can have a smearing problem with. Plus we haven`t had rain in several weeks so you have a layer of dust on top of the sap. I`d either conventionally wash the car or use a rinseless wash like ONR and save the waterless washes for times when the car is minimally soiled.

Yes, you do use more MF towels when you use a waterless wash, no real way to avoid that. Use as many as it takes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratz on the beautiful new ride! I`m glad to see another DFW`er on the boards (my condolences for the 110 degree weather). I am also not a big fan of the waterless route - It does save time from conventional washing but I still prefer to spend the extra 5 minutes and go the "rinseless" route. A big advantage for you is that the Ultima Waterless Wash can also be used in a rinseless process. Get 2 buckets and a handful of very plush MF towels and you are good to go - some do this with only one bucket.

With regards to waterless route, you do go through quite a bit of MF towels as the dirt has nowhere to go except for the towel. At least with the waterless route, the dirt ends up in the ground or in your bucket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have you posting here.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! and welcome, and I love water-less steam cleaning, it works well for me

Thread Information