Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have an extractor. I have a small side job of detailing and do the carpets and mats with carpet cleaner and scrub brush. With dirty mats I am having a hard time getting them really clean. Yeah, they look better but not great. Any hints or products to help with this. Thanks in advance for any info.

George

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally use Prestone foaming carpet cleaner and have had really good results. Don`t be fooled by substitutes. Prestone is really one of the best foaming carpet cleaners out there.

There is another product that I`ve used called Advanage. Some door to door salesman sold me some once upon a time ago. It works really well. It took stains out that nothing else could touch. If you want some really strong stuff that works in a hundred ways then I would suggest getting some of that. :up

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    heres the mix I sometimes use if I`m desparate and working on really dirty matts:

25% Simple Green

15% Meguiar`s EXTRA!

10% Tide Laundry Soap

50% HOT water

shake vigorously in spray bottle. Spray matts/carpets down liberally, agitate in with brush. Allow to sit 1-2 minutes, come back and re-agitate. Use one terry towel to remove most of initial residue. Follow up with a liberal spraying of JUST water (luke warm this time)...... agitate with CLEAN brush, then blot out with terry towel. Final step is spray down with a misting of cold water and use a 3rd towel to wipe up, do not brush this time. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes and air dry, then follow with the vacuum (if you have a wet/dry shop vac it works great, otherwise wait about 15 minutes for air drying and use your regular vac)

you SHOULD have spotless (or near spotless) carpets now! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>heres the mix I sometimes use if I`m desparate and working on really dirty matts:

25% Simple Green
    15% Meguiar`s EXTRA!
    10% Tide Laundry Soap
    50% HOT water
    [/b]</blockquote>
    LOL That sounds like the chemical composition to methamphetamine or something. lol I`ll have to try that one though. It looks like a good formula. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I spray interior cleaner , or a multipurpose cleaner on them, hang them up on a concrete wall, like at the local do it yourself car wash, and pressure wash the grime out. Hang them up to speed up dry time, you have to remember, some stains seem to never come out no matter what! IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Meguiar`s all purpose cleaner plus. I have never had a problem with it. You need to dilute the solution. It would be for carpet cleaning a 12/1 ratio. 12 cups water to 1 cup cleaner.

Then just spray it on, brush the mats and clean up. I have got just about everything up that was on mats. If it has no stained the fibers in the mats & carpeting, then you will be able to get it clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the replys:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Get yourself a Bissel "Little Green" portable deep cleaning machine. They are not that expensive, and you would be amazed at the "stuff" that they can extract!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a link for these extracting machines????

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Gonzo0903 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Get yourself a Bissel "Little Green" portable deep cleaning machine. They are not that expensive, and you would be amazed at the "stuff" that they can extract! [/b]</blockquote>
    I had one. They work pretty good, but they don`t hold up well to continuous use.

I clean the nasty ones like Bumpers Plus-scrub them down real well with carpet cleaner (Magnum carpet cleaner mixed 5:1 with water), then blast them out with a hose.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    for my mobile detailing business:

Mytee 1007 extractor. It`s built just for auto interior detailing. The old saying "You get what you pay" is very accurate. I love it, hot water, great vaccum power and it does the job fast and safe.

I paid about $1480.00 for mine from a local source northeast of Seattle, Washington. I`m sorry to say that I`ve heard bad things about Top-of-the-Line selling reconditioned extractors at full price. They have to be one of the highest priced internet sites for getting products.

Check out the following link: www.mytee.com and you can always contact them for more detailed information in regards to what would work best for you. You can also contact a carpet cleaning store in your local area and save big bucks on shipping as well. They seem to always have stock on hand and it`s nice to touch before you buy! Just my thoughts on this important subject...

Post Thanks / Like
    For the heavy stained mats I do one of two things. Either spray soak them with my cleaner of choice, let sit and then spray clean with a pressure washer. Does the trick every time, but I don`t use this method very often. Since I only do cars for friends and relatives I also soak the mats in the spare bathtub in a cleaner/hot water mix and then rinse very good.

Either way I always Scotchguard afterwards. Next time they don`t come back as dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone

Tonymac here. Been detailing for quite some time now. I just recently started charging though LOL. I have done a good number of cars but my favorite so far was a Cadillac CTS-V. Only because I got to lay some rubber on the road with it and the lines are so nice.

I am In the Army and have been for almost a decade. I will only leave when they tell me I have to. The Military has been good to me and my family.

I learned I had a passion for making things shine at a young age. I used to clean all of my family`s jewelry, bikes, and anything I could make shine.

I have a small business that I run out of my home here in El Paso. I have not been able to detail in a couple of months due to an open bankart surgery that I needed but I think I am ready to get back into it.

I have been lurking here for a little bit and have already learned that there are a slew of products that I never heard of.

Thank you all and I hope to be posting some of my work here shortly.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information