Thread: !Danny!

Post Thanks / Like

!Danny!

Hi,

Iv`e been reading the forum on and off for several years - I thought it was time I signed up.

I`m part owner of a detailing business in the UK, although I don`t often do much detailing myself anymore as I`m too busy running the business.

I hope to be able to contribute something to this forum and maybe help a few people.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: !Danny!

Cool! Hope we can learn some tricks from the trade. Welcome. We`re all friendly here.

• JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    REAL MEN DRIVE MINIS
    :yes:

I feel quite at home already!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you own a mini?
    • JoYRiiDE

Post Thanks / Like

Not for a while, but my dad bought my first one when I was 14. My last one was a 1000cc specially built by John Cooper Garages for road rallys - I was the navigator.

Apart from owning about a dozen over the years, I used to sponsor 3 Grass-trek minis, 5 circuit racing minis and 1 rally mini. So I have had quite a lot of involvement with clubs and such and been all over to watch them race.

I think the old mini was the greatest car ever built, and the new ones aren`t too bad either.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Danny. I`m Brenton from PEI, Canada.
    Welcome
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by !Danny!
    Not for a while, but my dad bought my first one when I was 14. My last one was a 1000cc specially built by John Cooper Garages for road rallys - I was the navigator.

Apart from owning about a dozen over the years, I used to sponsor 3 Grass-trek minis, 5 circuit racing minis and 1 rally mini. So I have had quite a lot of involvement with clubs and such and been all over to watch them race.

I think the old mini was the greatest car ever built, and the new ones aren`t too bad either.
    My experience with mini coopers is limited. All I can say about them is that it was my first car. I think I did almost every wrong thing you can do to a car both mechanically and detail-wise. It was on the other hand a great learning experience. In everythig from maintenance to detailing. It was a trooper. Its the best car ever to learn to drive. Awesome braking, and great handling go hand in hand.

In the future I hope to own a decked out mini cooper as a garage queen. Maybe even one of the older and new models.
    • JoYRiiDE

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Danny, my name is Danny, welcome to the boards man!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all.

And you are right about in being a great car to learn how to drive in. I think old cars are much more enjoyable to drive.
    My last few cars have been Golfs eversince I have had kids. but before that I had an MGBGT which was pretty much at the other end of the scale to a mini - lots of rear-wheel-drive drifty action instead of the front-wheel-drive corners like it`s on rails action.
    So after a couple of rather boring four door Golfs, I managed to get a MK II GTD Turbo, which is old enough to keep me happy (It really keeps you fit, you have to have arms like Popeye to get it round corners) and I can taxi the family around, and its cheap on fuel, and being a rare car, I have it on classic car insurance.

But I have a real hankering for another two seater sports car. Maybe a Volvo P1800S

Thread Information