Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, my name is Adam and I have a 2003 Mach 1 mustang that is Black of course lol. I have never owned a black car but luckily I was able to find this one in great condition paint wise. It had a few minor swirls but only ones you had to get up close to see.

I decided to take Meg. UC to it by hand with a microfiber pad, I don`t have a PC yet but I did it in a hurry and let it dry before I removed it. I know, I know this was absolutely wrong I just have a bad habit of trying to get things done quickly. It actually didn`t look to bad but I did have some "finger print" holograms from bearing down too hard. I tried to fix this with Autoglym SRP and it just made more fingerprint holograms on the car. It really isnt bad at all, but they are there.

I wanted to get everyones opinion on my plan to redo it. I am planning on doing a wash tomorrow and then taking UC back to it but doing it with an autoglym application pad and I am going to do small sections, work it well, and wipe off before it drys. I plan on doing a wax/sealant afterward but I am not sure I want to use SRP again. The SRP has great reviews but it left holograms awfully easy. Let me know what you guys think!

Here is a pic of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow no advice from anyone? Well I got it looking a lot better with my above process.

Post Thanks / Like
    We detail a lot of black vehicles. I know exactly what your talking about. The wax we use on all our details is Ardex Topaz. It goes on real easily with a damp microfiber and a new dry one to take off. I like to take it off with a polisher and a white foam pad then finish it with a microfiber. This helped us so i hope it helps you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I will have to give that a try next time, I appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackMach03- I`ve never used the UC, but I do wonder if it might need a follow up (with something milder) on your paint.

Also wonder if the Trade Secret Oils in it are causing pseudo-holograms. Maybe try IPA after the UC and see what it looks like (in the sun) afer that.

I`ve never had any hologram-like issues with SRP...*never* so that has me I`ve used it on all kinds of paint too. Gee, wish I had a good suggestion, especially since I`m always hyping the SRP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    BlackMach03- I`ve never used the UC, but I do wonder if it might need a follow up (with something milder) on your paint.

Also wonder if the Trade Secret Oils in it are causing pseudo-holograms. Maybe try IPA after the UC and see what it looks like (in the sun) afer that.

I`ve never had any hologram-like issues with SRP...*never* so that has me I`ve used it on all kinds of paint too. Gee, wish I had a good suggestion, especially since I`m always hyping the SRP!

If he let it dry/bake in the sun it would be a pain to get off, but then again an IPA wipe down should fix that... I wonder if the holograms were originally in the paint from pervious attempts to buff/shine the car?
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmw2692004
    If he let it dry/bake in the sun it would be a pain to get off, but then again an IPA wipe down should fix that... I wonder if the holograms were originally in the paint from pervious attempts to buff/shine the car?

No the holograms were not on the car before the UC was used there were none at all. I didn`t notice them after the UC but the SRP did leave them I know for a fact it is the only thing I used after. It may have been in my technique but I am going to try a different route. I did not do it in the sun, it was all done in the shade in the garage. I took the UC back to it and got the holograms out but I have not put anything down to protect yet, hopefully doing that soon. Thanks for the replies!

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackMach03- Well, I`m glad to hear you got `em out at least...still can`t figure how the SRP caused that though :nixweiss Guess you can at least use it on the wheels or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    BlackMach03- Well, I`m glad to hear you got `em out at least...still can`t figure how the SRP caused that though :nixweiss Guess you can at least use it on the wheels or something.

I know I dont get it either, you can kind of see the holograms to the right of the door handle there in the first pic. I love SRP and the way it smells, I am going to try to do it again with a more even pressure and see how that works.

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackMach03- Yeah, I like the SRP smell too Be sure to work it a while so it breaks down and don`t use too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow holy doppelganger!

Welcome to autopia, and I`d follow up with Swirlx or scratchx, if that doesnt work id try again with the ultimate compound then step down to swirl x.

Here is a pic of my old mach 1

and its replacement

Thread Information