Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure Al, I`m quite aware of that. That`s why there`s an over abundance of forums fueled with agendas and power tripping dictators. Autopia, because "It`s Back Better than Ever" isn`t like that. To me that`s very important.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still not getting any email notifications. Nothing is really fixed and I don`t understand how anyone thinks "Autopia is back better than ever".

You guys should stop `high-fiving` each other and stop criticizing members who have legitimate complaints.

I`ve been a loyal member longer than you and don`t appreciate being mocked for not having "thicker skin".

In case you haven`t picked up on it, the problem isn`t the tech glitches caused by outsiders, it`s the appalling lack of communication.

I can understand "veteran members" leaving when treated this way. Don`t criticize them, criticize the those who refuse to communicate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    It is not unusual for people to leave forums in a huff over something (insufficient ego stroking by forum owners, banning, arguing over nit points, posts that are not to their liking. etc). Several forums were started this way.

hopefully we can move forward and learn from past mistakes while improving/resolving any issues as we go along. if some do not want to return here, that`s there choice and so be it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Still no email alerts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I`m still not getting any email notifications. Nothing is really fixed and I don`t understand how anyone thinks "Autopia is back better than ever".

You guys should stop `high-fiving` each other and stop criticizing members who have legitimate complaints.

I`ve been a loyal member longer than you and don`t appreciate being mocked for not having "thicker skin".

In case you haven`t picked up on it, the problem isn`t the tech glitches caused by outsiders, it`s the appalling lack of communication.

I can understand "veteran members" leaving when treated this way. Don`t criticize them, criticize the those who refuse to communicate.

Exactly right.

Still no email alerts.

None here either.

Is *anyone* receiving email alerts to subscribed posts?

Is this not a big deal to other people? I just don`t understand.

We are told by the admin in this thread that the email alerts were fixed. Not true!

Are they still looking into this? Are they aware that the problem still exists? Do they care?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin

We are told by the admin in this thread that the email alerts were fixed. Not true!

Are they still looking into this? Are they aware that the problem still exists? Do they care?

It appears our hosting provider disabled the settings over the weekend for allowing the forum to send emails when we asked them to update our sendmail program. It should be working now.

And apparently we do care, look at threads, fix problems as they come up, and offer a free forum for your use. Thanks for not noticing.

If anyone is still having issues, please check:

Notification Type:

- Control Panel Only

- Immediate, Sends Email

- Daily, Send Email once a day if updates.

- Weekly, Sends Email once a week if updates.

Also, be sure it is not going to your spam folder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to be back and ready to enjoy the hard work of "trying" to keep my car looking good..
    07 Grand Prix-black

member of the Four Door Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    It appears our hosting provider disabled the settings over the weekend for allowing the forum to send emails when we asked them to update our sendmail program. It should be working now.

And apparently we do care, look at threads, fix problems as they come up, and offer a free forum for your use. Thanks for not noticing.

If anyone is still having issues, please check:

Notification Type:

- Control Panel Only

- Immediate, Sends Email

- Daily, Send Email once a day if updates.

- Weekly, Sends Email once a week if updates.

Also, be sure it is not going to your spam folder.

Thanks for the response/update.

I will see if my email alerts are working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still no email alerts as far as I can tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was checking the server logs. There are several people who subscribe to this thread who appear to have an incorrect email address or have a spam filter that is bouncing emails. This includes: Auto Concierge, Kean, vmunoz, and landcruiser.

Please check:

1. Be sure the email address in the control panel is correct.

2. Add webmaster@autopia.org or the domain autopia.org to your spam filter whitelist

3. Check your spam folder for emails from webmaster@autopia.org. If there are, look for a "not Spam` option.

You should then start seeing your subscribed thread emails.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see a long list of subscribed threads in my profile and double checked my settings. They are set to instant.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by admin
    I was checking the server logs. There are several people who subscribe to this thread who appear to have an incorrect email address or have a spam filter that is bouncing emails. This includes: Auto Concierge, Kean, vmunoz, and landcruiser.

Please check:

1. Be sure the email address in the control panel is correct.

2. Add webmaster@autopia.org or the domain autopia.org to your spam filter whitelist

3. Check your spam folder for emails from webmaster@autopia.org. If there are, look for a "not Spam` option.

You should then start seeing your subscribed thread emails.

Just received an email notice regarding new posts to this thread!

Thank you!!!!!!!! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Received my first email alert since forever! Not to this thread but another one you posted to Rob.

Yay!! Thank you for finally fixing it. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Received my first email alert since forever! Not to this thread but another one you posted to Rob.

Yay!! Thank you for finally fixing it. :up

Nice to have that feature back, isn`t it?!

I rely on email notifications extensively, and post much less without them.

In fact, the only reason that I am making this post is that I received an email notification saying that you posted here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Autopians,

we have now added a tab "AutopiaTV". It is in Beta and hopefully members will add useful videos.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information