Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, my name is Bryce.

I used to ride motorcycles quite a bit and the bikes were lucky if they got Plexus once a year:

Almost died on one after hitting a deer in WV. They were the most fun I`ve ever had in my life, but were not worth the price my body paid. So on to sports cars! I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE (ain`t that a mouthful?).....

....and will be purchasing a Lotus 7 replica by the end of the summer similar to this:

Over the past few years I`ve tried my best to fill the motorcycle`s place. The EVO is a wonderful daily driver, but it doesn`t quite fill the void, thus the Lotus 7 replica. Along the way I`ve caught the detailing bug.

I have a new PC 7424, clay, microfiber cloths/bonnets, various Edge 2000 pads and have various Meguiar`s polishes/waxes en route.

I look forward to learning from more experienced users on the forum. Thanks for having me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia, Bryce!

That`s some serious hardware you`ve got there -- I love the look of the Lotus 7 replica. The detailing bug will serve you well on that car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks netwrkguy1. The detailing bug had better serve me well on that car... I need to drive it cross-country to get it home. haha.

Bryce

CCNP

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to autopia.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch! Well, you will have your work cut out for you, so get your practice now and stock up on Stoner`s Tarminator for when you pull into your driveway!

After hitting a 6-point buck with my wife`s Suburban, I can see how you almost died hitting a deer in WV. The damn things must be made of concrete or something. The buck didn`t fare too well, and neither did the grill/headlights on the Suburban. And to add insult to injury, my 18 year-old son hit me with a "Yeah, that should buff right out" when he saw the damage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have no idea how big the deer was or how it fared, as I have no recollection of the accident, but I`ve gone from this:

...to this:

Let`s hope my vehicles will fare as well or better. :heelclick

The UPS man is "out for delivery" today:

Meguiar`s #21 2.0 Synthetic Sealant 64oz.

Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound 32oz

Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish 32oz

Meguiar`s #3 Machine Polish

Meguiar`s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel 3pk

Meguiar`s Plastx

Porter Cable 7424 Counterweight

I`m hoping my educated guess was ok when I ordered polishes for a range of corrections. If I have any "holes" feel free to let the newb know! *gulp*

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you are. I had a 98` CBR 600F3, Smokin` Joe`s Edition which I bought brand new. It was my first bike ever and I had a ton of fun on it. Every Friday night would be cruise night with my buddies. We`d go for dinner, then ice cream, and a ride. It would be something different every week. One of my buddies got into a crash with his...screwing around, did a wheelie and hit gravel, which threw him into a pole. He broke his right arm, wrist, hip, leg and ankle. He recovered well, but never got back on after that. Two years later, he hit a tree screwing around on his snow mobile and broke the other leg. Needless to say, he sold it, and not wanting any more accidents, he sold his quad too. Being married and having two kids, he didn`t want to take any chances. But still wanting to keep his youth, he bought a Buggy. This brings me back to my story. I moved out of my parents house and into an apartment, so I kept the bike at my parents. With a busy work schedule, I was lucky if I got to ride once or twice a month. Then I got married and decided it was time to grow up. I am a full time police officer, and seeing more and more motorcycle crashes (many fatal`s) that were not the rider`s fault was a huge deciding factor. So, I sold the bike, and to keep my youth, bought an 08` Saturn Sky Turbo. After two years of having that, and wanting to start a family, it was time to really grow up and get something more practical with more room, so I sold the Sky and bought a 10` Acura TL. Anyway, the one thing I won`t give up is detailing; and as my wife says, she doesn`t mind it because she knows I am not out at a bar getting drunk, trying to pick up women, or getting into mischief....plus she likes the fact that I keep her car in pristine condition for her...lol. Welcome aboard. Here are some pics of the bike and Sky.

Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, from one Ct resident to another!
    Nick

Armed with a Flex and a passion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Street5927 - glad you made it out without injury. I have some permanent injuries, but all of my limbs. I cannot complain. Nice rides...

NRZ - I am in Norwalk, CT. Are you relatively close by so I could perhaps learn a thing or two?

Post Thanks / Like
    Milford, just north up the shore. I am by no means a pro but just a weekend warrior.

My friend just picked up an Evo IX, in gray, nice car!
    Nick

Armed with a Flex and a passion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you are polishing a car any time soon please give me a shout..I`d love to help/watch! thx.

Thread Information