Post Thanks / Like
    Sup everyone been thinking of detailing my own car for a while now and I stumbled to this forum. Ive been browsing the site and found some very imformative materials in here. I am planning on purchasing my first Porter cable kit the one that comes with the 3 optimum compound/polish/poli-seal. I`m planning on detailing my dd 96 4 door integra and it has some minor to deep scratches. I`ve never done this before, and was wondering what products/materials you guys would suggest. From what I understand when I would use compound first and use orange pad, then polish with either orange or white pad then poli-seal with white pad. How many yellow pads/white pad would I need to detail a whole car? I was reading through the site and found that I would need about 5 yellows and 5 whites for the most part. My main concern is getting rid of the deep scratches and making it look alot better. What would you guys recommend for my first exterior detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, welcome to Autopia! That`s probably too many pads for one session, I can`t see you using more than 2-3 of each grade or for each product. My concern is your description of "deep scratches". Many scratches are too deep to be completely removed without removing too much paint. If you pull your fingernail along the surface can you feel the scratch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Some scratches I can`t feel with my fingernail but there`s some that are deep and has touch up paint on it. My mail goal is to get rid of the minor scratches and make it look alot better. Should I use orange pad first, then yellow or orange second, white pad last. What would you suggest.

Post Thanks / Like
    SD as in San Diego or South Dakota?

Welcome regardless!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    San Diego and thanks...Does anyone where I can get a good price on a complete kit, I was looking at the pc 7424 that comes with the optimum compound and pads for 229+shipping on ebay so its about 245 shipped. Does this site sell that kit? Cause I wanna pick one up with a couple more pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Careful with what you get on ebay......Most PC kits come with that "special" pad already glued to a rigid backing plate.....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The kit looks like the one one autogeeks web site. I asked the seller if it was a glues on pad, his screen name is aaamotoring on ebay, so we will see what he says.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just picked up a PC with the optimum kit and a kit of 4 inch assorted pads from autogeek. I going to start with my dd integra for my first detailing. I`ll keep you guys posted on the results when it comes in....

Thread Information