Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I have been lurking here for a a couple weeks now. I`m trying to learn the acronyms etc so bear with me.

I was into detailing over 20 years ago and worked for a local business detailing high end cars the summer plus a few months after high school. I worked on Jags, MB, Vettes, classics, BMW, etc. We used all Megs products back then as that was the only quality pro line and only a rotary. The DA didn`t exist I don`t think. I know the PC did not. I only burned through one dark green jag in doing many cars over 6 months so that wasn`t too bad I guess. My skills are basically non existent now as I haven`t done any detailing in years so I am starting over. My goal now is to get to the `prosumer` level which doesn`t seem that hard from the posts I have read here. The hard part has been trying to figure out all of the product choices, it`s mind boggling.

My interest kind of came back up out of need when a couple weeks ago I `accidentally` bought a black vehicle. We have been driving silver cars in our household for 15+ years so I kind of forgot about the PITA part and got caught up in the moment. We bought a new 2009 obsidian black Subaru Forester (great looking vehicle). Too late now so I am here to get educated and at least keep this black vehicle looking better than 90% of people`s cars which shouldn`t be that hard when I look around.

I thought maybe the consumer world had changed when I saw TW Ice and bought and tried that and it was a joke. I realized I need to use the good stuff again.

I am also now building up my tool and product `inventory` so I can get this right. I have a bunch of stuff and need to just fill in the gaps I think but I will cover that in another thread so I can ask for some opinions. I`ll probably be posting with a bunch of questions so that is better for the Car Detailing forum I think.

I may even do some friends and family vehicles to speed up my practice.

Anyway glad you guys are here obsessing so we can all benefit. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia! I don`t know that there weren`t just as many products 20 years ago, you just couldn`t find out about them easily like you can now with the internet. Eh, that`s not true...because of the internet there are more boutique products now.

Thread Information