Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Total Noob who wants to get started

Thanks again for the kind words Raif!!

CC failure is not inevitable on your car (other than those two small etched spots were it already exists). The very reason I did not sand those hood scratches down was because I wanted to avoid that problem. They are deep enough clear scratches that if you sanded them completely (i.e. removed the scratch 100%) the amount of clear left on your paint would be dangerously thin. Given that it is a black car that sits exposed to the lovely ATL weather/pollution while you are at work 5 days a week it would be only a matter of time before the thin layer of clear left from sanding began to fail. I think you would be much better off skipping the sanding process and instead level them some more with your PC and then use a product with some fillers to hide them. That way the scratches will appear much less drastic and a safe level of your clear would remain intact.

There are some great pics of what CC failure looks like floating around at there. Here are a few...

Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Total Noob who wants to get started

Quote Originally Posted by wterry
    I posted another thread on the Black Grand Prix I did today. First time with the PC, have fun with it and go SLOW, take your time. I learned alot today. I also learned I don`t like my Menzerna products!!!

Mike I may have a job for you. My boss needs some work done on his Acura MDX. Looks as if the wife drove through paint or something because its splattered downt he passenger side. Told him to try to clay it, and explained how to do it, but he said it didn`t work. I will talk to him tomorrow and give him your contact info.
    Menzerna polishes are simply fantastic but without question have a learning curve involved. I would not have suggested your first go with a PC be with them...especially IP.

Try some light polishes first that break down easy (i.e. Meg`s #82 or PB`s SSR1) and work your way up the aggressive scale from there.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information