Thread: Intro

Post Thanks / Like
    1. How did you wind up at Autopia? Have been lurking for a while. I am a member of another forum that ScottWax is a part of. Along with performing amazing work, he seems very knowledgable and friendly. Thought I would come check this forum out.

2. What do you like most about detailing?The process leading up to the ending product. Making something stand out and look great, even if it is not an exotic.

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why?

I would imagine my favorites are what I understand the best: The wash, the wax, claying, and a super clean interior and glass.

4. What`s your dream car and why?Any car :lol

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia?Too much. My head is spinning.

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?Full time student. Really enjoy hanging out with friends. I`m less into automobiles now, and more into keeping in them clean. I am there for the drive. Not to go fast, or be "cool." The open road is great. Along with that, it`s a lot cheaper

7. Do you have any pets? If so, types, names, pics.Nah. The one and only passed away in 2006.

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians.If they are secret, why will I share them?

9. Where are you from and where do you live now? Texas born. Reside in Pensacola.

10. What was you first car and what got you interested in keeping cars perfect?

Volvo 850. Solid solid car. I started washing my parents cars when I was 14. I just like a clean car. due to multiple reasons...

11. What motivates you to detail?...A clean car. Looking good. A car looks great sitting on the show room floor. A car looks great in show room condition going down the road. Along with this, I think a clean car makes a bold statement about a person and their traits...whether they contract a detailer or are a DIYer. The overall maintenance of a car is important. Many people treat their cars as if they are throw away objects. I respect the person who has a 1989 MB that is in pristine condition, with either high or low miles... The former more so.

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car?ScottWax, or another professional detailer. Other than that, no. I think for what I know about detailing, I do a very decent job.

13. Does detailing run in the family at all, or are you the only normal one?The only normal one.

14. What is your favorite part about detailing?All of it. Mainly learning about different combos and what works.

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it?Being that I am a student, I can`t do it full time. I would not want to either. However, I am very curious about detailing cars part time. I am definitely open to advice on how to get out there and let people know what I can do. Also suggestions and constructive criticism focusing on product and techniques.

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome It sounds like you know your way around here already.

Thread Information