Post Thanks / Like

Holy detail, batman! Where to start?

Good afternoon,

I just stumbled onto DC today. I wasn`t actually looking for information about detailing, but somehow I got sucked into a thread that talked about detailing on another board and it referenced DC. So here I am. What is that quote...something about true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing? That would be me.

Is there a twelve step thing I can go through? "Hi, my name is Andy. The last time I washed the exterior of my car, I used dishwashing soap." Egad. Just scanning through some posts here, I`ve read about car-care terms (clay bar!) and acronyms I`d never seen before. There is so much to learn! But I digress...

Is there a car-detailing FAQ or maybe a "How I Did It" beginner tutorial on the site? To give a little more information about my car, it`s a `98 Honda CR-V with dark green paint. That is, it`s dark green, except for the various door dings and scratches you`d expect to find on a 7-year old car. I park it in the garage every night, but it gets the full sun `treatment` everyday in the parking lot at work. My goal is to make it look...nice. So tell me, Detail Doctors, is there hope, can the patient pull through?

Oh, and great smilies. :beer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holy detail, batman! Where to start?

Hey there, Welcome to DC

oh theres always a way to treat cars to make them look nice and shiney. theres lots of diffrent articles and subjects on everymatter you can think of. just use the search bar on the top blue bar to find what your looking for. i think theres also a how-to part of the forums. just keep lookin around. you will find somthing to satsify your cars needs.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DC!
    You could probably spend some time here.

When you get down to specifics, just ask.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site if you click on Autogeek one of the sponsors here they have some car cleaning tips that can help....other than that you can read all kinds of tips here on about ever aspect of detailing.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

haha. oooo man. u have no idea what u got yourself into...

theres no going back.

Post Thanks / Like

Well first off :welcome The best advise I can give to you would be when you think you`ve learned the "best" method for you, boom, you find another. The link Charles gave you is a great way to get started. When I first started "detailing" my car after I found this site, I was amazed at the process that really goes into a professional detail. There is more than one step to the detail and there are many ways you can do it. It`s up to you to find the products/process that you prefer. So, basically there is no "best" way to do something. It`s all up to the person doing the detail. One way may work for you and give the results you`re looking for and that same way wouldn`t give me the results I`m looking for. Trial and error. Detail City has been a great place for me to find information and is a layed back forum with nice people. I think you will enjoy it here and good luck with your new addiction!

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I scanned through the link that Charles posted. Wow, I had no idea what went into a full detail. Thanks again. Whew!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Detail City! I`m sure that you will learn a lot here.. and I`ve found that if you have a question, just post it up here at DC (don`t be afraid of asking questions!) and the nice people here will respond pretty quickly!

Hope you have as much fun here as I do!

-mari

Post Thanks / Like

:welcome

Thread Information