Post Thanks / Like

Newbie, Busy reading

Charles (crobinso) referred me over to this site and I have been doing a lot of reading. This past week I just picked up my new car, a 2006 Scion tC. Right now it is looking great with only 169 miles on it but I need to decide on the products to use and procedure to keep it looking nice.

To be honest, I am not like many of you here that have the passion for detailing their cars (at least not yet) but I do want to keep my car looking nice. The people here seem to be great and I am looking forward to learning the best products/procedures for keeping my new car looking new.

Thanks,
    Derek

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Newbie, Busy reading

Hi, Derek!! :welcome to the City!!

We weren`t all "crazy" when we joined, either

What colour is your new Scion?
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie, Busy reading

Quote Originally Posted by norahcrv
    What colour is your new Scion?
    It is called Flint Mica. It is a darker, metallic paint.

It seems the more I read, the more confused I am getting! There are so many options and just when I think I have found a few products that sound like they will work well for me, I read another thread discussing another great product.

Derek

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of products out there and because of this I have alot of stuff. Welcome to DC. Whatever you need to know or product you want you`ll be able to find it through this site.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi
    There are plenty of products out there and because of this I have alot of stuff. Welcome to DC. Whatever you need to know or product you want you`ll be able to find it through this site.
    That certainly seems to be the case! I am still learning who is who among the sponsors and where to buy the products but it is coming along. And when I thought I had decided not to clay my new car, I have since read a few posts that have just about convinced me to add some clay to my first order.

Thanks for the welcome.

Derek

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! Welcome to detail city!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsemmler
    Charles (crobinso)
    Hey! That`s ME!
    referred me over to this site and I have been doing a lot of reading. This past week I just picked up my new car, a 2006 Scion tC. Right now it is looking great with only 169 miles on it but I need to decide on the products to use and procedure to keep it looking nice.

To be honest, I am not like many of you here that have the passion for detailing their cars (at least not yet) but I do want to keep my car looking nice. The people here seem to be great and I am looking forward to learning the best products/procedures for keeping my new car looking new.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Welcome to Detail City, Derek! Yes, the passion has to grow on you. And yes, the more you read, the more confused you get. That`s what every newbie goes through - I did. But after awhile, you get the hang of things. JUST ASK QUESTIONS, and some nice people will answer you or refer you to older threads. BTW, there is a search for topics in older threads, but I honestly don`t think anyone actually uses it! :brick

I like posting here on DC just so that I can use the cool Smilies. TMF really needs to look into letting us use Smilies!

I answered your email. In addition to the other products, I bought some clay and lubricant, which I haven`t used yet. But now I feel the need to break out the clay and "go to town" on my ride. I`ve heard excellent things about using clay from readers here on DC and on Autopia. They can`t believe how smooth the paint is after using it. That`s what I`m talking `bout!

Charles

Thread Information