First off, welcome to Autopia! If you`re reading this post, there`s a good chance it`s because you`re having trouble submitting posts of your own. Here`s what`s going on: For the first 10 posts for a new member, any post that starts a new thread, or contains a picture or URL will NOT be posted immediately. Instead your post goes to a moderation queue, where one of the moderators will approve it before it`s posted into the forum.

Why all the hassle? Before we instituted this policy, Autopia was flooded with "hit-n-run" spammers. These are people that create a new account, post an advertisement or three, then disappear never to be heard from again. We (the moderators) would delete the spam and ban the spammers, but soon it became like playing a losing game of whack-a-mole. We finally added a vBulletin enhancement that forces new posts (or posts with links/pictures) into the moderation queue, where a moderator examines them before allowing them into the main forum. It`s an unfortunate inconvenience for new members, many who joined specifically to create a new thread with a question, or to post pictures of their own detailing efforts in the Click & Brag forum; however, it has effectively solved the hit-n-run spam problem.

New members, please bear with us. If you create a new thread, or try to post pictures or URLs in any of your first 10 posts, there will be a delay before your post appears in the forums. Please be patient, though . . . it may be as little as a few minutes, or could take as long as a day before your post is addressed.

If a day has passed and you haven`t seen your post, please PM me (TortoiseAWD) or e-mail me at tortoisewrx@yahoo.com, and I`ll look into it as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)