Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried a couple times to post on this forum, but it seems that new posters are not allowed for some reason??

I am trying again here, maybe this post will work??

I have worked in the auto business for years (among other things). I do IT work now for a local car dealer, but I was a flat-rate mechanic for years also.

Our family owns three cars/trucks & an RV. I drive a loaded 06 Black Ford Escape Hybrid, my wife drives a Gunmetal Blue 04 X-Type Jag & my son has a dark Metallic Blue 03 Acura 3.2 TL. We also have a 1987 Holiday Rambler class C motor-home that literally looks brand new.

Working at car dealers, I have been exposed to detailing but have never done it myself except for my own vehicles & any tips the Pro`s here would like to share on upkeep of daily driver vehicles is much appreciated.........

There are certain subjects I know a lot about & I`m always willing to share my knowledge on those subjects (I build custom Harley`s & have a TON of car audio/video experience)

For my own detailing, I use a PC 7424 with various Velcro pads with Zaino products on the outside & use a Desiderio steam cleaner/extractor for interior/vents/ A/C ducts etc

I use a two pail wash system with the grids in the bottom & a wool wash mitt with Zaino car wash. On my Black Escape, I gave it a FULL Zaino treatment recently (Zaino wash,clay bar, Z5, Z2, Z8 & finished with Z-CS). When I got done, it literally looked like a black mirror but it doesn`t stay that way for long. My truck seems to be an absolute dust/pollen magnet & two hours after I finished the detail I could write my name in the dust/pollen that had collected on the paint (the vehicle had not been driven yet). I have the same problem where I work, there is a ton of dust in the air & it all seems to find its way onto my Black truck.........

Is there any solution to this problem??? I have a heated/insulated 3 1/2 car garage but there is not room in it to park even one vehicle (it is full of Snap-On tools, TIG & MIG welders, hydraulic presses, motorcycle parts & tools, glass bead blaster etc etc etc etc)

~John

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome John:

Where are you in Upstate NY?

MorBiD

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Penfield (near route 250 & Whalen Rd) & work at AuctionDirect in Victor.

I see you`re in Rochester, where are you located??

~John

Post Thanks / Like
    First, let me ask you, does the PC 7424 make that big of a difference for you? I`m just getting started, and I`m trying to avoid the expense. Is it worth it?

Second, do you use a Car Duster of any sort? I think sometimes dust is a function of the envirment around your house. So, you might have to figure out the bust way to deal with it. It may not be a problem with the product you use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix 1
    First, let me ask you, does the PC 7424 make that big of a difference for you? I`m just getting started, and I`m trying to avoid the expense. Is it worth it?

Second, do you use a Car Duster of any sort? I think sometimes dust is a function of the envirment around your house. So, you might have to figure out the bust way to deal with it. It may not be a problem with the product you use.

This is the 2nd time I have tried to respond (my first response didn`t post for some reason)

I LOVE the 7424 & have just ordered the newer UD Machine so I will have two of them.

There is a ton of pollen in the air around my house, I realize no product will prevent that. Also, where I work there is dust all over the place from bare patches where the grass is still filling in so I`m screwed there too.......

I do use a California Duster, but I hate to use it on a Black vehicle........

~John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorton10
    I live in Penfield (near route 250 & Whalen Rd) & work at AuctionDirect in Victor.

I see you`re in Rochester, where are you located??

~John

Sorry for the late response. I`m on the other side of town in Greece off Long Pond Road.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s about as far away from me as you can be.....

We where at a friends house off Latta Rd recently, my NAV unit said it was 28 miles away from my house.

~John

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Rochester is a pretty big town with a lot of wide open spaces. I`m from NYC originally (moved here to attend University at RIT) and I think it`s a bigger city down there but just more condensed. You really need to drive some to find the wide open spaces we have up here.

Thread Information