Post Thanks / Like
    is there anywhere on here where i can get a question answered? tried the shout and new post already but neither of those have worked.:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    oh forget it...most people I`ve questioned about painting/detailing have given me a short or wrong answer anyways. most dont wanna give up their secrets i guess, and thats understandable to a certain degree, which is why i registered here. isnt this where we do-it-our-selfers ask questions to people who know what theyre doing so we DONT make mistakes?

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, welcome to Autopia! Second, we always give up our secrets here. And third, be patient, the "help desk" isn`t always staffed 24 hours a day! I`m sure someone will answer your question soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    C`mon DB, Im giving you 13 minutes to post, or Im outta here.........Hey welcome to the additiction!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia DB. The first thing you need to do, if you haven`t already, is to read everything in the "learn" section at the top of the home page. After that post your questions. Most of your question might be answered from reading there, and you can also do searches as well. Go to search and type in what you are looking for and anything on that topic will come up. It my be a little bit of reading but that is what is expected of you when you first join. Enjoy
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSVWGLI
    Welcome to Autopia DB. The first thing you need to do, if you haven`t already, is to read everything in the "learn" section at the top of the home page. After that post your questions. Most of your question might be answered from reading there, and you can also do searches as well. Go to search and type in what you are looking for and anything on that topic will come up. It my be a little bit of reading but that is what is expected of you when you first join. Enjoy

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! I DID NOT KNOW THAT... IM HERE TO LEARN...AND THANKS TO YOU....I WILL BE ABLE TO...i was attacked in the forum for a comment i made...which was very discouraging and not what im here for...

once again....thank so you much....for making this a learning experience rather than a bad experience...youre awesome...

and thanks to the rest of you for giving me a warm welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    You seem a little short on patience there DB.

Folks here, including myself, are willing to help but give us a chance. Your comment in another thread about using tire shine on black paint, well, that`s just not the correct way to do things so it makes us all wonder how serious you really are......

Stick around, read, be patient, and be polite. We need more gals that are truly interested in maintaining their cars` looks. Welcome to the fold and don`t let us hairy legged boys get under your skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    (Spam removed. -- Tort)

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ ***?? I smell spammer

Yeah welcome DB, there`s tons of info here. If you do a serach you can find all the secrets here Some post dont get respond like 24-48hr or even more.. Haha, many time happend to me. Stick around and see some pro in action here.

Post Thanks / Like
    im so sorry....youre right...i`m short on patience and quick to react...but im feelin like im on the defense already...

the fact that you said "thats just not the correct way to do things" puzzles me....

says who?

does that mean you have tried it? or does that mean you were taught or learned one way and arent willing to try new things, or does it mean youve tried every product and pad and machine out there and youre certain your way is best?

who decides whats correct and what isnt?

do i have to do things like everyone else in this forum in order to be accepted as a serious member?

am i considered "not serious" because I`m always searching for quicker, faster, easier, cheaper ways to do things?

did you use insane shine tire coating on a black car before u decided to question my seriousness? or was it a matter of..."thats not the way i do it...therefore it is wrong"

or is it that im a woman so anything unconventional will not be taken seriously.

and why would people question my seriousness based on meguiars insane shine? read my long and boring post under car wash horror stories if you want to know my level of seriousness...i may or may not surprise you....

im unsure how to grade my seriousness....

perhaps you can help me with this

would i be considered"serious" if u knew i was extemely interested in cars in general or is it based on detailing only

Post Thanks / Like
    I test the internet connection

to moderatos: please remove this topic. Sorry for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbblonde
    im so sorry....youre right...i`m short on patience and quick to react...but im feelin like im on the defense already...

the fact that you said "thats just not the correct way to do things" puzzles me....

says who?

does that mean you have tried it? or does that mean you were taught or learned one way and arent willing to try new things, or does it mean youve tried every product and pad and machine out there and youre certain your way is best?

who decides whats correct and what isnt?

do i have to do things like everyone else in this forum in order to be accepted as a serious member?

am i considered "not serious" because I`m always searching for quicker, faster, easier, cheaper ways to do things?

did you use insane shine tire coating on a black car before u decided to question my seriousness? or was it a matter of..."thats not the way i do it...therefore it is wrong"

or is it that im a woman so anything unconventional will not be taken seriously.

and why would people question my seriousness based on meguiars insane shine? read my long and boring post under car wash horror stories if you want to know my level of seriousness...i may or may not surprise you....

im unsure how to grade my seriousness....

perhaps you can help me with this

would i be considered"serious" if u knew i was extemely interested in cars in general or is it based on detailing only

I think some may have thought you were joking about using the tire shine on paint, as that is surely not conventional All the different products and when/where to use them can be confusing, so just keep asking. Sometimes you just have to ignore negative comments, don`t take it personal, just take in what you can use and disregard the rest.

I would say that for you to take the time to register here, and ask questions about detailing, would make you more "serious" in this area than 95% of the population :up Don`t let a few negative comments discourage you Just keep reading and asking, there is a lot of information to absorb here.

Post Thanks / Like
    To answer your question(s)---no I would not put a product on auto paint that was made for an entirely different purpose. Tire dressings, as a rule, contain silicone as a large percentage of the product. That is not desireable for a painted surface such as a car. I`ve no doubt that the black shined like crazy but that will have to be stripped off in order to polish & wax the car in the future. An old trick of yesteryear was to use kerosene or transmission fluid to accomplish the same results. The results are short term and do nothing for correction of the paint or longevity. Those are the type of things that some shady car dealers do in order to get something sold quickly.

I commend you for thinking out of the box and the fact that you are female means nothing to me. Man, woman, straight, ```? I couldn`t care less so please step off the pedestal. I did read your previous posts by the way.

Just read, read, and read some more is my best advice. The last thing I want is to debate or condemn your practice with your car. If you want to rub Crisco all over it that`s fine with me. Enjoy your stay here and I`ll bother you no more. My intent was to make you welcome not to spar with you.

Thread Information