Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy all, I am kind of new here. I used to check this forum out quite abit about 4 years ago (when it was a little different format - back in 2002) and having down much surfing on here since then (cars were new, paint was shiny). Now the cars aren`t so new and the black Mustang looks like I have been washing it with 000 steel wool so it is time for a makeover. I figure it is nothing a PC and some DACP can`t fix. Wish me luck! I`ll start a thread when I get some after shots next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the more important things I have learned here is how much wash techniques affect the finish. Once you get your black Mustang "madeover", be sure to catch up on all the latest wisdom on avoiding "wash-induced marring". Welcome back and looking forward to your pics--make sure to get both before and afters!

Post Thanks / Like
    its amazing how cars can transform for the worst in a short period of time. ah well, at least you`re capable of fixing it! good luck to ya and your mustang. welcome (back) to the forums!
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mustang was victim of numerous trips to the "Automatic Swirl Machine" when we lived up north. Now we live where I can hand-wash it year round so I am not so worried about ruining the work I do next weekend...

I tell ya, it is when it is washed and no wax is applied that you can truly see the horrors...I feel like I need to do penence but I think washing and interior detailing 3 cars over the last 3 days is enough...and the PC shall redeem me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back, I`m sure you will find what you need to get the Mustang up to par again, here at Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome Back
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back

I struggled with DACP but found other products such as Sonus easier to use and gave a better result.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished the Mustang, and while I took some pictures, I probably won`t post them since the car didn`t turn out as good as I had hoped. I think a PC and DACP was not quite enough - I got water damage off the rear spoiler, polished out all of the worst swirls and got a nice shine on the car. Unfortunately the car is really "pock marked" from all the rock chips in the hood, and after the swirls were gone (your eye kind of got distracted) now you can really see the rock chips. Basically a work in progress.

This was my first time using a PC, and I learned a lot. Speed is your friend, go slow and fully break down the DACP. After I figured that out I was in pretty good shape. After going over the car twice with DACP and a polishing pad, there is still some light scratches, so I probably need to go over the car again, or move up to a more aggressive polish. The major swirls are gone, and for that I am very happy.

I just used gold class on top since that is what I have available.

The car looked as good as I could get it for a couple of days...and then it rained yesterday :-( I will claim success for the first round, knowing that more work is to come.

Thread Information