Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, nice fotos, guys!! Here`s my old timer:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike
    Awesome bike!

I`d love to own a new M6 and Ducati @ the age of 27. You have a good taste in transportation .

Ah thank you sir!

I love this bike its very sharp and pointy, lose sight of it and it will bite your @$$...

scary at times! :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking into getting a bike.. I am looking to get more into a sport bike and i understand all the dangers (although havent experienced them).. Anyways I am 6`2" and weigh about 175lbs.. I will sometimes have an extra rider at 134lbs.. What type of bike do you guys reccomend..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone575
    I am looking into getting a bike.. I am looking to get more into a sport bike and i understand all the dangers (although havent experienced them).. Anyways I am 6`2" and weigh about 175lbs.. I will sometimes have an extra rider at 134lbs.. What type of bike do you guys reccomend..

Since you mention inexperience, it really can`t be stressed enough how quickly things can go bad on a modern sport bike. Take the MSF course offered in your state asap. The main suggestion I`d give is to buy used. Odds are you will drop it.

Also, before people can make valid suggestions, what is your price range? Go to your local MC dealer and sit on every bike that strikes you. You may soon find out that many sport bikes aren`t for you. The more upright the seating position the more comfortable it will be for longer rides and easier to control/learn on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you may find that at 6`2" a lot of today`s sport bikes may be a very tight squeeze unless you are very flexible They also seem to be getting worse in the passenger accommodation area as well.

I would second the notion that you at least sit on as many bikes as you can find.

The MSF course is a MUST in my opinion, most of the reactions that are required in order to survive on a motorcycle go counter to human instinct and the only way to learn the proper way to react is training and experience...

I still enjoy sport bikes a lot but my aging back just can`t seem to take more than about half an hour in the saddle anymore. I think my current bike (1997 Honda VFR750) is probably going to be my last sport bike.

A newer VFR would probably be a great option for you as they do offer a bit more of an upright riding position. There is a great forum specifically on VFR`s of all ages at VFRD - vfrdiscussion home, check it out...

Next for me will be something more along the lines of a true sport-tourer like a Honda ST1300 which will make a great commuter and cruising bike that I feel safe taking the kids on...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that middle one alot! I am going to take the course you speak of and I am in the first stages of looking at a bike... I will take that reccomendation and goto a shop and sit on a ton of bikes.

Price range: well about 5-7k or less

Ideally I would like a used bike..

Whats the big problem with dropping a bike.. I mean are we talking at 60 or at a standstill... Mostly cosmetic right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but if you drop a fully faired sport bike at a standstill you could be looking at hundreds or thousands for replacement OEM plastic. If you are ok with a little rash no big deal. For 5-7K used there are quite few options. Here are a couple suggestions (these are actually some bikes I`m looking at to replace my ex500):

A late model SV650 (naked or s version) would easily be in that range, has plenty of get up and go, under 400 lbs dry, and very maneuverable. The s has a more aggressive riding position than the naked but not extreme like the race replica type bikes. If you want fully faired lower panels can be added (the 08 650s only come fully faired). Lots of after market support.

Another sporty option with a more casual riding position (read: forward lean but not super aggressive) is the CBRF4i. More performance than the SV but can be managed if kept in the low rpm range. It was discontinued in 06 but you get Honda quality and are generally not difficult to find used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both of those are GREAT bikes, have ridden them and would highly recommend them but keep in mind that at 6`2" he may find the CBR more than a bit cramped. The SV650 would be a bit better. This was the main reason I suggested the VFR, it can easily accommodate someone 6` + as well as a passenger although it is on the big side for a beginner at 500 + lbs and most definitely a fully faired bike will be expensive to repair if you do drop it. Those are considerations you have to take into account. This brings us back to the notion that you want to sit on as many bikes as you can to see how they feel. Get down in a crouch behind the windshield see if you still feel comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a pointer, MSF course is a good thing, I have just taken it since I needed the license.

They will teach you important things and then test you on it. but again you will learn how to

drive going 20MPH in a parking lot. you need to keep learning and later on you can

take the advance course which will teach you allot and some even offer on road

experience.

I have just wetnessed 3 motorcycle craches this past 2 weeks. and 2 of them they had

no jackets on!, trust me you need it, those who are trying to look good, ended up with messed up arms and broken shoulders, and they still looked stupid to me. wear full gear

you will NOT regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if this has already been discussed... my first post. Does anyone have suggestions for buffing/repairing dings and chips in a Hayabusa carbon fiber front fender?

Thanks guys. John Henry, Lakeland, FL

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s mine, an 03 RC51

By z06joe at 2007-04-04

By z06joe, shot with SP500UZ at 2007-04-27

By z06joe, shot with SP500UZ at 2007-04-27
    Likes SEEBASS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    my harley...

newer pic:

Gallery -> Viewing image

older one:

Gallery -> Viewing image

now i just need to figure out how to post pics!! the board said the file was too large

Post Thanks / Like
    few pics from last weekend

my busa and my wifes GSXR

2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at those sport bikes and sport tourers but I just couldnt get away from Harley. I was extremely tempting by the BMW K1200GT but in the end it seemed like just to much bike for everyday use (150hp). So I bought an 09 Harley FLHX Street Glide. It is gorgeous, built in the USA (but I would and have owned foreign bikes), has tons of "flash", stereo and cruise control, hard bags and is supremely comfortable while still handling great for an 800lb bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    <-- cbr 929rr here. It was painted satin white and has no shine to it, but man does she look good.

sprayed the frame and swingarms trim black and had the wheels powdercoated white. mmm...
    -dan

-bmw 540i/6

-honda cbr 929rr

-www.dkfxPhotography.com

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information