I have a 2008 searay bowrider which I like to think is kept in great shape. I had the boat detailed about 5 months ago but want to start working on the exterior myself. I have not done anything besides washing it down before. The gel coat looks good with no oxidation and still has a decent shine to it. The boat is stored inside a dry rack if it makes any difference.

I have had the porter cable 7424xp in my amazon wish list for a while now thinking I would use it on my cars but would like to start using in on my boat if possible. I am considering pulling the trigger on it but would like to get some advice on whether this is a smart move or not. I have never used an orbital or any time of rotary before and have zero experience.

Any advice on how to get started with what pads I would need, procedures on what to do from after it is washed, etc..

on another note. I just tried using the magic eraser on the vinyl cushions that have darkened up from sun tan lotions and other crap and immediately followed with 303 and it made a small improvement. Any other suggestions besides magic eraser? I destroyed 2 of them when I was done since they basically crumbled to crap.

Thanks.