Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone. I just got my yacht detailing up and running and I`ve got a crew of about 5 dependable workers I sub contract and few month to month customers already. Most of my work has been wash downs, teak restoration, engine room and interior cleaning. I`m working on a quote for a 2011 70` Azimut s type with flybridge not oxidated much at all, 6 months from last wax was priced @ $3,500 and the did a sloppy job even left acids on metals so you can imagine the rust that accumulated. I took care of that already last time I washed her down. Anyways i`m lookin at both top side and hull, 1 time over with wax only and possible glaze including metals. I`m thinking $18-20 for top and $12-15 for hull but I hear of rates being a lot higher for larger yachts. I don`t wanna underbid nor do I wanna scare the customer away although I must say they loved the teak work and I priced that at $3,317 with taxes. I`m pretty good at making very professional and detailed quotes that pretty much land me the gigs and I pride myself in always providing the upmost quality and detail and my customers are happy. How should I price it out? Should I charge per layer and metals extra? I`m thinking 1 coat of mcguires wax and 1 coat of rejex after as for the metals 1 coat of colonite metal wax and 1 coat of colonite insulator wax.

Any suggestion? I look forward to all your replies. Thanx in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t do boats but I wouldn`t worry about scaring people with that kind of money away. They aren`t easily scarred but they don`t like being disrespected. Be respectful of yourself and them. Charge for your work and do what you charge for. You might want to look into the real legal standard for sub-contractors. If you`re directing someone, telling them what to do as part of a crew, and they get hurt you may be liable. There`s more that has to be taken into account in the price than just the simple cost of the job.

All the best,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the input you make a VERY important and valid point especially in the sub-contracting aspect of it. Your advice has been taken into deep consideration. I can only hope that I continue receiving great suggestions and priceless advice like yours.

With the upmost respect and best regards,

Sergio

Thread Information