Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, it`s been a while since I last posted. I just took delivery of a new bike last week and I am looking for the best way to avoid swirls and marring. The problem I have found with my last bike is any type of liquid or paste wax= instant swirls.

What is important to me, besides looking good of course, it that the bugs and road grime come off easy.

So far, I have cleaned it up once. I washed it of course, dried with WW towels, and sealed with Ultima(which I have been having great luck with for about 4 years now). I absolutely refuse to apply any type of wax to the paint. Instead, I have been just using CG Clear Seal Gloss Enhancer & Protectant on the painted plastics, as well as Honda Spray and Shine, which I have had awesome luck with every bike and ATV I have ever owned.

As far as the painted wheels and swingarm, I DID go the route of applying PB paste wax to those particular areas.

Also, I have never used Griot`s products, and noticed that Advanced Auto Parts is now carrying them. How is the Speed Shine and Spray Wax??? Would it benefit me?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you got swirls with any liquid or paste wax, I`d blame your applicator/removal media before I blamed the wax. That said, just opticoat it an be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always use a clean foam applicator to apply the wax and buff it off with a plush Mf. As far as opticoat, is that pretty much the same as upgp?

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arenner80
    I always use a clean foam applicator to apply the wax and buff it off with a plush Mf. As far as opticoat, is that pretty much the same as upgp?

try applying the wax with your finger and removing it with the same. Bet you don`t get any swirling. Wax has no abrasives to cause swirls. Opticoat is completely different than UPGP. You are thinking of Optiseal. Opticoat increases paint hardness.

Post Thanks / Like
    The other thing with wax is that it is oily, so the `swirls` you see could just be traces in the oils in the wax. Also, wax isn`t the hardest substance known to man, so the wax layer itself will swirl even though it isn`t swirling the paint. Usually a quick detailer will take care of that. My bike is nearly the same color of blue and I typically just use a spray sealant after polishing it and I don`t ever notice swirls in the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi arenner80

Well me to use clean foam applicator to apply wax or cream and I had also done teflon coating to save my bike from scratches and dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gears are used in a number of applications in manufacturing industries and used extensively in manufacturing machines that depends on them for their fundamental operations. Gear cutting is a process of gear manufacturing. The common processes involved in this are broaching, machining, hobbing, shaping, casting, extruding, forging etc. The materials used for making gears are wood, metal and plastic. Metals are shaped in appropriate sizes and dimensions with these gear cutters. Gear cutter can be of various shapes and sizes according to the requirement of the gear.

For more information please visit: capital tool and gear cutter

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Articles for your advice for care our bike. Whren i follow this rule then check my bike maintenance.

Thread Information