Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the deal i got called by a friend to see if i can take care of the RV and race trailer they use on weekends when they go racing. From what i know it`s Aluminum and is white in color . he wants nothing special just cleaned up to look nice . Also has some polished aluminum and brushed trim aluminum. what would i use on the brushed and polished to bring them back to looking good again and last but not least the rest of the mobile home . Been reading about gelcoat and other things here, and new to the RV thing never did i think of doing one before i got the call. oh it like 40 feet long to boot.Any and all help i thank you all in advance.One good thing is i don`t need to get it all done in a day or week it can take me a few weeks and just work on weekend and week days when i have enough free time and no other cars coming in to do.Again thanks for any and all answers and comments. Being i know the guy somewhat and not out to make a killing on a price i was looking at between 25 and 30 a hour to charge .Can i use any of the products that i use on a car or would i have to go and buy some special marine and RV polishes to use. From doing some light searching it seems the answer is no.maybe i can try some of the products i have and let him look to see how he like the finish look.
    04 cobra mystichrome Sold new home in AZ.

I want my metal OPTIMIZED
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two products that I use for really rough oxidized gel coats. One is buff magic by Yacht Brite followed by their polish formula. For the aluminum trailer I use "Oxidation Remover" by "Protect All". Even though it states that it is for gelcoats, it works just as well for the aluminum siding of a trailer... I know this because I finished an aluminum trailer and it came out great. For tough oxidation you may have to use a high speed polisher at a lower setting (#2 setting). Protect all also has a polymer wax polish and seal to finish the job. Make sure you use a good cutting pad and a good polish pad as well.

The brushed aluminum and metals are always a challenge for me, hopefully someone can suggest something that will work well from this site n

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use the same stuff you use on cars!!! There is really no difference between the products except for price. I use speedy polish on aluminum, and it is the best so far for me, but any liquid aluminum polish should work well.
    Knights House of Detail Mobile Detailing and Pressure Washing...Capon Bridge,WV... 540-686-2927

Thread Information