Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So a gentleman called me yesterday asking for me to do an onsite wash of a 45` marathon rv. At the time it did not click that this was a tour bus(urgh).

We discussed what I do on my wash and he asked for a price. I told him $55 per labor hour. After he inquired further about how long it would take I told him 3 hours. Again, I didn`t realize this was a tour bus at the time and now that i know what in the world I am washing I am pretty darn sure 3 hours isn`t going to cut it on all that goes into a thorough wash on one of these 13` tall buses.

Here is where I am at. We will be doing a degrease on all suitable areas knowing they will need it, wheel wells, the wheels will be washed good, glass cleaned streak free and the exterior washed and dried. Because he`s at a camp site I am now concerned about how hard the water might be(no water spots was a concern of his and mine).

Is using a brush typical on a tour bus? I can`t see doing a hand wash on this thing in any reasonable amount of time. What about the roofs? Can they be walked on? Or just use the brush from a ladder?

Here is a picture of the same type bus I am doing.

Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    dont have much experience with the buses, but i did a rv once. bring double of what u think u need and double maybe triple your time. u should be able to walk on top if they show some type of access to it, if not use your best judgement. good luck
    Setting The Standard Higher

Post Thanks / Like
    That is scary, how did it go OP? I`ve offered RV washing and waxing in my area but didn`t get a single call about RVs this summer. Probably for the best lol.
    Andrew

On The Spot Mobile Detailing

Serving Saint John and Surrounding Area

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t use a brush, but a mop type wash pad on the end of a telescoping stick like Meguiars used to sell. I`ve seen similar products at auto parts stores.

I had a customer whose motor coaches I cleaned over the years, using his pressure washer and water dionizer system, I could wash it in 90 minutes or so. Using ONR, it would take me 3 1/2 hours or so, plus another 30-40 for the wheels/tires/fenderwells.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information