Hi all this is actually my first post to this forum under this name but I`ve been here for years before I got into detailing as a profession. Anyway I went down to quote this boat for a broker that is selling it and I`m charging $10/foot to sale prep it. It`s a 32 foot carver. I`m just gonna dive into it after reading all of the boat posts on just about any forum I could find. Here`s a few pics:

Right now I`m scrubbing it down from top to bottom, shampooing interior, taking the mold off the seats and everything else, and of coarse dress all the vinyl, clean the glass, etc just a basic sale prep is what I`m calling it but it`s going to take most of the day with one helper.

I`ve never detailed any boat before and this is a nice one to start with I had to buy a ladder just to get in the thing! Now I got a call today and the new buyer is apparently going to want me to come back and buff it after this job is done! This is where I could use any advice anyone could give me. Every square inch of the upper surface of this boat is extremely oxidized and looks like chalk. I`m going to do a test patch on that today. I`m using a rotary and a PC, many foam pads and wool pads, a selection of various compounds and polishes from optimum, menzerna, and turtle wax.

Any advice on chemicals I can use to get the oxidation minimized before I start buffing? Also there are barnacles and years worth of crap built up on the rear inboard/outboard and prop. I`m pretty much lost on what to use for that short of a file.

Progress pics to come people.

Andrew