Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased an 08 Yamaha Vector in mint shape other than the windshield. It is the 40th Anniversary edition so I want to try and keep/save the winshield if possible?

What is the best product or off the shelve product to use to help get the scratches and haze out?

Remember these are pretty flimsy pieces so not a lot of pressure can be applied, plus with the curves, no buffers etc can be used either, it will all have to be done by hand.

`

Thanks.........Irv:thx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    74 Pro-Street Monte

09 Sierra SLT, Carbon Black Metallic

Lots of other toys too

Post Thanks / Like
    depends on how deep the scratches are or if they are just like surface swirls.

Here are a couple oh photo`s for you of a similar product that is made for cars (bug deflector) just like the windshield on street bikes and snowmobiles:

my process for that is SIP/Orange Pad and then you can follow up with something like:

106F or 85rd on a white/black pad

and top it with a sealant of your choice. In your case you might be better taking of the wind screen and going that route. You will not achieve the same results when doing it by hand. If you can machine polish it your results with be superior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    depends on how deep the scratches are or if they are just like surface swirls.

Here are a couple oh photo`s for you of a similar product that is made for cars (bug deflector) just like the windshield on street bikes and snowmobiles:

my process for that is SIP/Orange Pad and then you can follow up with something like:

106F or 85rd on a white/black pad

and top it with a sealant of your choice. In your case you might be better taking of the wind screen and going that route. You will not achieve the same results when doing it by hand. If you can machine polish it your results with be superior.

Thanks, your bug deflector looks great, hopefully I can get my wind screen to come close to that?

I will definitely be taking off the screen but I won`t be using a machine to polish it up, I don`t have one and like I said above, it would be very difficult getting anything in there(mostly inside scratches) so it will be done by hand.

I am also not knowledgeable enough to know what your numbers mean above? What exactly is 106F and 85rd?

Is there not something that can be bought off the shelf that would do a good/great job by hand?

I am not looking for perfect, just better than what it currently is.

74 Pro-Street Monte

Lots of other toys too

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, its a hack thing to do but I clean the one on my firecat with pledge. Its all scratched up from hitting branches at speed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokeman
    Honestly, its a hack thing to do but I clean the one on my firecat with pledge. Its all scratched up from hitting branches at speed.

Thanks, I just read that at ty4stroke.com and thought the folks were joking?

I had nothing to loose so I gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised, it is alot better than what it was but I still want it better.

I used IPone plastic/cleaner polish on it after and I don`t think it added anything to it so I may try some Plexus as I prefer it over the Ipone.

Thanks
    74 Pro-Street Monte

Lots of other toys too

Thread Information