Post Thanks / Like
    After reading the forums I bought some ONR and tried it on my Civic and like the way it works, especialy since I dont have access to a hose where I live. Id like to use onr to wash my Harley, which I usualy just wipe down with quickdetailer. For the onr experts, maybe stupid question but when im washing the wheels, and the wash gets on the tire/tread will it do anything to damage the rubber or cause any loss of traction temporary or other wise? Any other parts on the bike I should avoid, plastic, switchgear, uncoated/semipolished metals, rough texture powdercoat on the motor, any thing? I know this stuff reacts with paint, but not sure what it does with other parts. I have a brand new paint job on the bike and until the paint cures and I can get some protectant on it I think I want to clean it with onr instead of quickdetailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use ONR on my bike and I avoid getting it on tyres. I don`t want any chemicals on the 2 small patches that keep the shiny side up. For rims/wheels I use kero and also make sure it doesn`t get on tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by markrumsfield
    After reading the forums I bought some ONR and tried it on my Civic and like the way it works, especialy since I dont have access to a hose where I live. Id like to use onr to wash my Harley, which I usualy just wipe down with quickdetailer. For the onr experts, maybe stupid question but when im washing the wheels, and the wash gets on the tire/tread will it do anything to damage the rubber or cause any loss of traction temporary or other wise? Any other parts on the bike I should avoid, plastic, switchgear, uncoated/semipolished metals, rough texture powdercoat on the motor, any thing? I know this stuff reacts with paint, but not sure what it does with other parts. I have a brand new paint job on the bike and until the paint cures and I can get some protectant on it I think I want to clean it with onr instead of quickdetailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Although ONR cleans tyres I doubt it very much there is anything in it to cause any type of damage to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuff
    I use ONR on my bike and I avoid getting it on tyres. I don`t want any chemicals on the 2 small patches that keep the shiny side up. For rims/wheels I use kero and also make sure it doesn`t get on tyres.

Exactly my concern, those two contact patches are very important. Ive never used anything to clean my tires, no dressings nothting. They get replaced often enough anyway. Im gonna use onr on the tins for sure and maybe some other parts and just stay away from the wheels...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had any problems with ONR on my motorcycle tires or anything else.

Thread Information