Post Thanks / Like
    Hi i`m new here. I have been detailing since i was ten and i have been in love ever since, its just something about seeing something that looks dull and boring. Then making it look like new. I love it

Ok well my mom decided she is going to sell her 2008 Bennington and wants me to make it look good for a upcoming boat show so she can get top dollar for it.

i need your help an deciding how to go about cleaning it. I just ordered the udm and starter kit with a couple of pads and towels. I bought some Mothers Alum. Polish designed for the powerball but it should work with the udm right? i saw a thread on here where a guy took a alum. boat and made it look chrome. I thought the boat looked awsome but i"m not sure if making it that shiny would take value off the boat or people wouldn`t like it, i would like your opinion.

Another main objective is the leather seats i have never done real leather cleaner work and i am a little nervous. I quick overview on it or something i could read would be fine. The seats have a kind of yellow tint to them now, and have runs.

I`m not sure if a thread like this has ever been open i used the search menu and i didn`t find quite what i was looking for, so thank you for your time and i hope we can made it look great.

i have been trying to upload pics, keep failing. i`ll keep trying

Post Thanks / Like
    well i have tried to upload them, i guess the pics are to big. so if you would like to help i could send them to you. Just let me know guys thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    My advise is to make the gelcoat shine / make the stainelss steel glisten / make the teak bright work glimmer.

The wow factor when people walk up to a boat will help it sell

remove all hatch covers and make sanitary in the water drain rails and bottom of all compartments

make sure all bildge spaces are clean and dry

all boats leak some water into the bildge, but people like to see it dry. Something about water leaking inside something that is susposed to keep the water on the outside makes people leery.

Have fun it is hard work

Thread Information