Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, B.L.

You may want to check with Stokley`s Marine on Nicholasville Road. They`ll carry a pretty nice line of products. They also carry Toon Brite which is a marine specific company. Let me know if I can be of any help...remember, I`m right here in Lexington.

I`m assuming that`s Cumberland, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Its on Caverun.

I should be in Lexington looking for some batteries(dang inverter batteries are bad) so Ill stop by there and see what all they have.

Family will be helping but mainly my pop and me. For now getting the party deck looking good is #1 priority since thats where everyone will be in a couple weeks. Ill test some products I have for the front and see if I can make a dent in that. Sides shouldnt need more than a good coat of cleaner wax but Ill probably have to do it by hand given it has so many vinyl stickers. Ill prolly just pressure wash the aluminum hull to see what that will do for it.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. And that didnt seem snooty, I understand thats its not a yacht.

ohh, and yes, all the canvas comes off. The canvas around the front stays on all winter to protect all that and comes off for the summer. The canvas on the top stays on during the summer and comes off during the winter. The canvas on top is held on with around 100,000 zip ties and the canvas around the front just clips on. I probably wont clean the canvas on the top till it comes off in the fall. I would like to clean and coat the canvas around the front with water/stain proofer once we take it off in the next week or so.
    2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it all cleaned up! Didnt do anything for removing oxidation since I just didnt have the stuff to do it. There was a guy there cleaning another house boat. I noticed him putting something on it after he washed it so I got him to come over and put some on your fly bridge to see what it would do. All the guy did was wipe it on(took 5 times on ours) and it left a nice shine. I read up on it some and people compare it to a clear coat. I read where some complained about it peeling off or turning yellow so we will see. I ordered two bottles at $40 per bottle. If I dont like it Ill sell the other bottle to the guy that details around the docks.

Mostly everything was pressure washed. Everything on the top was pressure washed. The sides were sprayed down and washed via a soft brush on a pole with some marine wash I found at walmart. They top and sides seem to be in great shape with little black streaking but the fly bridge(front top) is in rough shape. Ill probably use that `new glass 2` on it first just as a good test.

We had ordered HD tv but we didnt find out that HD uses a BIGGER dish till the guy got there to install it. We`ll have to settle for plan old digital out on the boat I guess. We have HD at the house but its through a land line. This Dish crap is all new to us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great turn-a-round!!

About that dish.......you can have HD if you want. The D-TV techs are not allowed to install the big dish unless they can mount it "by the book". Call them back up and tell them you want the HD dish and that you will install it yourself. Considering it is a boat, I would mount it to something you build that sits in the corner of the deck -- that will make it easy to move it around to get the signal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks murf. Just how much bigger is the HD dish? So far weve gotten 3 big storms and weve not had it for a month yet. Dont want it to rip the freaken mounts off.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the stuff the guy put on your fly bridge? I bet its acid based?

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    What is the stuff the guy put on your fly bridge? I bet its acid based?

GREG

Its called New Glass 2. I have no idea what it is made of but Im going to be very careful where I use it till I know it wont cause any harm. Hes used it on a lot boats that cost a lot more than ours so we will see.

Fiberglass, Fiberglass Gel Coat, fiberglass repair, fiberglass boat repair

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by murf`n`surf View Post
    Great turn-a-round!!

About that dish.......you can have HD if you want. The D-TV techs are not allowed to install the big dish unless they can mount it "by the book". Call them back up and tell them you want the HD dish and that you will install it yourself. Considering it is a boat, I would mount it to something you build that sits in the corner of the deck -- that will make it easy to move it around to get the signal.

The dish is a little bigger than what you have now. It will mount at 3 points like a tripod -- DTV techs are trained not to install it unless it is monted on a pole or all 3 mounts securley to non movable objects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information