Post Thanks / Like
    I normally charge 90.00 for a softail or other smaller bike that is a non "bagger" That`s OK for me, and I do good work, so it gets me business, compared to the local dealer charging 120.00 for basically just washing the bike. Anyhow, earlier in the week, I got a call from a guy who got my name from a local bike shop who refers all their detailing requests to me. This bike is for sale, and supposedly needed chrome polishing. I get there, and this bike is a 2007 FatBoy with 375 miles on it. 1300.00 each chrome rims, chrome front end. Custom pegs, floorboards, switch housings, levers, oil bag... EVERYTHING. Showroom perfect. EXCEPT every piece of chrome was TRASHED. The owner drove the bike to the beach for bike week, and then parked it. I was able to hang a microfiber off the chrome, it was so pitted.. Long story short, I spent 4.5 hours on the chrome, and told the owner, I didn`t wash your bike just did a quick detail and chrome. I could probably spend about another 4 hours on it. He asked if I wanted more money and I said NO I told you 90, that`s fine, not a complaint, I just wanted to let you know what I did, not a wash, just polishing. Today, he brought my money by and handed me 120.00. I was like, did you EVEN look at your bike. NO he says, but the shop said you did a really good job, so here. I about fell over....:grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    nice, being honest and doing good work pays for itself in the end...

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool. Nice to see someone that appreciates a detailer`s hard work.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Thread Information