Post Thanks / Like

Tire Shine Differences (Speed vs Back to Black?)

So I just ran out of my Mothers Reflections tire shine and see that its not available any longer. Looks like you guys still sell Back to Black and Speed tire shines. Can you tell me what is the difference between the 2? I typically like to spay onto an applicator after I was the car and then put on the tire if that matters. Also which one lasts longer? Does one shine more than the other etc... What`s the difference between these 2 products?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Shine Differences (Speed vs Back to Black?)

Quote Originally Posted by dolmstead39 View Post
    So I just ran out of my Mothers Reflections tire shine and see that its not available any longer. Looks like you guys still sell Back to Black and Speed tire shines. Can you tell me what is the difference between the 2? I typically like to spay onto an applicator after I was the car and then put on the tire if that matters. Also which one lasts longer? Does one shine more than the other etc... What`s the difference between these 2 products?

Thanks!
    Don’t know if you’ll get anyone working for Autopia as they don’t usually respond. Mother’s products aren’t popular with forum members.

To get the best info I would contact Mother’s

As for what people here do like like you’ll get a lot of recommendations for Duragloss 253 (never used) and Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine Spray Coating (have used).

I know it’s a lot of words and the term coating is deceptive. It is however a good tire shine with a satin looks and good durability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for emailing me the other day! I`m also replying here for the benefit of others...

Reflections Tire Care was also my favorite! We haven`t made it for years, so you must have had that bottle for some time.

For those who loved the subtle luster of Reflections Tire Care (including myself), and prefer a silicone emulsion-based tire shine, I now use and recommend our Mothers Protectant,

Mothers Protectant for Rubber, Vinyl & Plastic

Please note that we’re changing bottle styles and labeling on all of our red consumer bottles, so keep an eye out for something that looks a little different.

Mothers Speed Tire Shine aerosol and Mothers Back-to-Black Tire Shine trigger sprays are both solvent-based high-shine products, and are very similar in appearance, so it`s more about how you want to apply it.

Mothers Speed Tire Shine

Mothers Back-to-Black? Tire Shine

With either of the latter tire shine products, a controlled wipe will soften the shine.
    Jim Dvorak
    Public Relations, Customer Service & Technical Support
    Mothers® Polishes•Waxes•Cleaners
    Tel: 714-891-3364 x241
    Email: add ".com" to my username to email me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim I did get your email buddy! I bought a few bottles when it went on closeout and just ran out lol ����`♂️ Thanks will give the protectant a try for sure! Do you guys have any water based tire dressing products coming out in the future that you can let us know about by chance?!?

Thread Information