wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers CMX wash

I found this on discount at my local Advance Auto. It`s a really think liquid and it doesn`t suds a lot, which really isn`t an issue. The lubricity is really good and the water beading after washing is nice and tight. This is a really good SIO2 soap.

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers CMX wash

Thanks. Here are some FAQ that help explain why CMX Wash & Coat acts the way it does, and why it needs to be buffed after rinsing.

https://mothers.com/pages/cmx-ceramic-wash-coat-faq
    forrest
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried this after one of my coworkers gave me a jug of it. He didn`t like it, so I tried it, after reading the instructions. My wife`s rx was fairly clean, so I rinsed it good & applied some on a wet mitt & started on the roof & rinsed it good, then the panels, ect. I found it really does what it says. It really makes it so much easier to dry as well. Basically all one needs to do is to follow the instructions, one panel & rinse, don`t let it dry & try to continue say the whole side of the vehicle. IDK how it`d do on a really dirty vehicle compared to say a regular car wash soap thou. Thats why there are different products for different jobs. This is so close to a waterless wash, which for the most part I use. Matter of fact, I bought a bottle of your waterless wash/wax just yesterday after work just after a coworker gave me a bottle of the cmx.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used it both ways, in a bucket and on the wash mitt. I`m used to using ONR so I have no issue with non-sudsing washes. In fact, I find sudsing washes annoying after years of ONR.

You need to shake the living daylights out of it because there is some settling, creating white flakes in the water. Some have complained about it leaving white spots on there paint...I assume its the flakes of ceramic sediment. Might be wrong. But I haven`t had the problem as I shake it well.

I`ve been impressed by the results of the CMX wash. It really brightens and deepens the paint colour, esp when you apply some from the bottle directly onto the wash mitt. It seems to coat the paint with a decent amount of protection, whether it ceramic or some polymer. The beading is crazy. The paint feels slick. Colour intensifies. And it seems to clean the glass of mineral stains better than any wash I`ve used before.

If you can adjust to a non-sudsing wash then I highly recommend CMX wash. My go to washes now are ONR and CMX. Both non-sudsing.

Thread Information