Post Thanks / Like

can you help me out with new rig?

Hey guys i dont post often but i ended up closing my detail shop and going to work for the dealership again. It`s tuff in WNY. anyway. im going to purchase a trailer and do mobile work on the weekends. im looking at a 5x8 and a 6x8. i have never used a trailer before. do you think the 6x8 is too wide for a first timer? Also what would you recommend i get for the rig, pics would be fantastic of how you have yours set up. im thinking of getting a 125 gallon tank. uk, for the smarta$$ neighbors that say "do mine next" lol i want to be able to wash a few cars. Also is anyone from Western new york? im curious as to how strict it can be for water run off. no one around me does mobile. another question is what type of insurance do you carry and about what does it cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: can you help me out with new rig?

There is a lot to take into consideration, but your on the right track. The size of the trailer will depend on the amount of equipment you have or plan to get. I would get the exact dimensions of everything first, then draw out a floor plan of sorts. That will give you a better idea of the size of trailer you will need. When you figure in the size of a water tank, generator, power washer, shop vac, etc it doesn`t take long to fill a trailer up to the point you can`t even work out of it. 125 gallon tanks are BIG. You might find a 65 or even 50 would be more sufficient if your only doing a couple cars a day. As for insurance, I carry a general liability and garage keepers policy. I`ve found it difficult to find a good insurance company to cover mobile guys in Illinois. Hopefully NY is different.

Post Thanks / Like

I use two 35 gallon tanks hooked together on my mobile set up. I have found by using a fairly low flow pressure washer that uses 1.3 to 2.0 GPM that I can wash and rinse a vehicle with about 15 gallons of water for a traditional wash. That includes 3 gallons each in my 2 bucket wash. If you do the 2 bucket rinseless washes you can get buy with only 6-8 gallons each. I can get 4 - 5 traditional washes out of my 70 gallons or about 10 rinseless washes. You also have to consider the weight of a full 125 gallon tank. Water weighs a little over 8lbs a gallon so you are looking at 1000lbs of just water without any other equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the trailer im planning to use.

Tractor Supply Co.

Thread Information