Post Thanks / Like

Barren Hill Detail Mobile Trailer

My Trailer is a 2005 Haulmark 6X10 Enlcosed trailer. Its GVW is just under 3,000lbs.

Equipped with the following:
    100 Gallon Water Tank
    3900 PSI Dewalt Pressure Washer (operating @ 2800) w/ 200 ft of hose
    4000 Watt Generac Generator
    3 Gallon Air compressor w/50 ft of hose

Work bench and storage racks in front side of trailer
    Plenty of Area to hold chemicals and Carpet Extractor

I Made a detailing cart that is not pictured. It hold my GG6 6", GG 3" and Makita buffer

This is looking in from the side door

Heres the Work Bench, On the wall I have a tac board that I use to put any keys that I`ll Have fore Day. Having to search for keys is time wasting plus there`s always a little panicking going on as well.

I have a 50ft section of house i use if i need to fill up somewhere that doesnt have hose. Sorry for things kinda being a mess, been busy.

Heres how i have the back set up. Air compressor is behind the generator. It works pretty well. I may raise up the bench to add 2, 55 gallon drums to but not till probably the fall.

The doors i have set up kinda for wheels and then buffing and windows. But its great for hanging brushes.

Thanks for looking! If you have any suggestions or questions id love to hear them!!
    Lets GO FLYERS!!
    www.BarrenHillDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Hill Detail Mobile Trailer

Nice setup. I need to figure something out to go ahead and go mobile. I`m finding it difficult to build a customer base working from home with my regular work schedule. I`ve missed out on multiple potential clients because I don`t currently offer mobile services.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it. I also like the idea of having a compressor on hand as well. I cant tell you how many times Ive been on a job site and needed one and not had it. I havent decided yet between a generator or battery power for my future van. I have a thing about noise when I work, and Im afraid I would get sick of hearing a generator running all day. Another thing I worry about is some of the areas I work are full of sea hags that complain about everything. I ditched my gas power washer for an electric unit because I was getting complaints about noise early in the morning. People are a pita sometimes.. Nice rig though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    Nice setup. I need to figure something out to go ahead and go mobile. I`m finding it difficult to build a customer base working from home with my regular work schedule. I`ve missed out on multiple potential clients because I don`t currently offer mobile services.
    Just go for it. It`s can make the difference to the customer. Offering your service to them in their home or at work can give you an edge over your competitors. Plus when people hear I come to them they get even more excited about getting their car done.

I`ve found that this is even better then any other marketing tool out there. People will see you out doing other peoples cars and ask you about doing theirs. Its word of mouth plus proof of your work that`ll sell them on your business.
    Lets GO FLYERS!!
    www.BarrenHillDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I like it. I also like the idea of having a compressor on hand as well. I cant tell you how many times Ive been on a job site and needed one and not had it. I havent decided yet between a generator or battery power for my future van. I have a thing about noise when I work, and Im afraid I would get sick of hearing a generator running all day. Another thing I worry about is some of the areas I work are full of sea hags that complain about everything. I ditched my gas power washer for an electric unit because I was getting complaints about noise early in the morning. People are a pita sometimes.. Nice rig though

I hear ya! It`s loud no matter where you are. Plus you have a gas expense with both and regular maintenance. Even when I`m listening to music I still hear the machines running. I`m interested hearing about the battery power.
    Lets GO FLYERS!!
    www.BarrenHillDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

My plan of action is running several deep cycle batteries and a 4000 watt inverter. Theres a way to run a seperate alternator to power the batteries without it pulling off of the main battery, but that is going to be left up to a friend of mine with a masters degree in redneck engineering. Thats beyond my mechanical capabilities. I dont personally know anyone whos done it, so I have no example to go off of, and no idea how long it will last on a full charge.

Post Thanks / Like

My plan of action is running several deep cycle batteries and a 4000 watt inverter. Theres a way to run a seperate alternator to power the batteries without it pulling off of the main battery, but that is going to be left up to a friend of mine with a masters degree in redneck engineering. Thats beyond my mechanical capabilities. I dont personally know anyone whos done it, so I have no example to go off of, and no idea how long it will last on a full charge.

Haha, well let me know how it turns out. I know a couple people who are to smart for their own good, so im sure they could rig something up close to what youre saying.
    Lets GO FLYERS!!
    www.BarrenHillDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

ask pockets what kind of generator he uses
    super quiet
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

any problems with water/weight shift w 100 gal water tank?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information