Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organization

Post Thanks / Like

Organization

I`ll be doing mobile detailing soon so I have been looking at ways to organize my supplies so it`s efficient.

Right now I have a detail bag that my polishers are stored in and bins for my towels. I have a bin with some polishes and a crate with larger bottles. This is my set up for the house and while it works and I could get everything in the bed of my truck it just isn`t very efficient. I like modular type stuff and a few of my bins are modular but they aren`t made to be carried around really.

I`ve seen several people use systems like the one below and I was thinking it might be fine even if I think it looks a little bulky

Then I came across the Bosch L-boxx system and I think it looks a lot more flexible and easier to manage. Plus I can get the sizes I need and not waist space. They latch together when stacked so it would be nice to have everything together I think I could put my polishers in one box and get another box for other tools or supplies I need. I think it would reflect a neatness when I`m working so things aren`t spread out all over the place. It wouldn`t replace everything but I think I could make some things more compact.

What do you think? Or would something else work better? I know the boxes are expensive but I`m willing to spend the money if it will last and I can use it for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Organization

The Bosch System looks nice but I wonder how many detailing supplies you can fit in each stackable? The DeWalt tower looks amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stanley makes one similar to the Dewalt. I like it but i can`t put it in the bed of the truck with a bedcover. I`ve been thinking about how much I can fit in the Bosch and I think I could fit supplies like gloves, tape, brushes & my brinkman light in the smaller boxes but bottles would only fit in the largest box but I`m not sure how many. The larger box is a little larger than the crate I use for the extra polishes I carry. I keep my spray bottles in my wash buckets so that`s no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Stanley makes one similar to the Dewalt. I like it but i can`t put it in the bed of the truck with a bedcover. I`ve been thinking about how much I can fit in the Bosch and I think I could fit supplies like gloves, tape, brushes & my brinkman light in the smaller boxes but bottles would only fit in the largest box but I`m not sure how many. The larger box is a little larger than the crate I use for the extra polishes I carry. I keep my spray bottles in my wash buckets so that`s no problem.
    I used to have an HHR and I would stack that thing FULL of detailing supplies. It was amazing how much I could fit in there. I have thought, if I ever get back into detailing semi-regularly, how/what I would carry around. A pick-up truck with a bed has always made sense, but the problem is how do you store the products in beds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love having a truck but there`s no way of having anything in the bed secure without a cover and I can`t keep everything inside with me.

Post Thanks / Like

i would get the dewalt box.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I used to have an HHR and I would stack that thing FULL of detailing supplies. It was amazing how much I could fit in there. I have thought, if I ever get back into detailing semi-regularly, how/what I would carry around. A pick-up truck with a bed has always made sense, but the problem is how do you store the products in beds.
    sounds like my old integra gsr. I moved on to a pickup truck with a leer cap. Pretty happy with the current setup.

Only out of the ordinary storage bin is the blue one for spray bottles. Heavy duty flip top deal used for shipping. bought from global industrial. not the best pic but you can kinda see it tucked away on top of the werner platform

Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you like the cap? I was thinking about one for mu truck but with the windows it makes me feel a little less secure about people seeing something and trying to break in and steal. How is that hose reel working out for you? I have something similar to your electrical cord reel but it doesn`t seem to last long. I`m on my second one in a year

Post Thanks / Like

Do you like the cap? I was thinking about one for mu truck but with the windows it makes me feel a little less secure about people seeing something and trying to break in and steal. How is that hose reel working out for you? I have something similar to your electrical cord reel but it doesn`t seem to last long. I`m on my second one in a year
    electrical cord reel is also from global industrial. been using it for a year or so and holding up well.

the rapid reel is awesome. totally worth the price if you ask me. easy to hook up to clients water the way I have it setup also if needed since its mounted on the 2x4s and not fixed to the truck.

I love the cap. bought the truck used and it had the cap already there. you`re at risk for theft with the glass so I take any tempting smash & grab stuff out of the truck at night. namely the honda gen and sometimes the power washer if I`m motivated. I don`t think anyone sees enough value in spray bottles and a hose reel to make it worth breaking in. I keep the more expensive items inside the truck which has the 2 way alarm (polishers, steam cleaner, touchup kit, polish/wax)
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Its supposed to rain Saturday so I might run over to the accessory shop and check some stuff out. I won`t be able to detail so I have to find something else to do

I like your hose reel setup. I saw the one mounted on the cart and I liked it a lot but I heard some complain that it is easy to tip over. People seemed to love the reel but not the cart. I might have to use your idea

Post Thanks / Like

Its supposed to rain Saturday so I might run over to the accessory shop and check some stuff out. I won`t be able to detail so I have to find something else to do

I like your hose reel setup. I saw the one mounted on the cart and I liked it a lot but I heard some complain that it is easy to tip over. People seemed to love the reel but not the cart. I might have to use your idea
    mine never tips. if you notice, its not centered. a bit offset to the back. No wheels means you`re carrying it if you need to move. but its really not that heavy.
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s the wall mount version right? I see they have a free standing version and I think that`s the one I read the complaints about

Post Thanks / Like

My rig is a 2 dr hatchback

Post Thanks / Like

love my Astro van! slide open the door and Detail away...
    Likes pmdr85 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the wall mount version right? I see they have a free standing version and I think that`s the one I read the complaints about
    correct. that is the wall mount version
    Bryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information