Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone here drive a detailing van?

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Detailchick I appreciate it. It is such a pain in the (_|_) when you are having problems and things are breaking down on you, then your mechanic tells you something completely different that has nothing to do with the problem. I appreciate the info and I`m glad I came here and asked first before spending all that $$$ on something worthless!
    I can imagine how much trouble it is to go through tires . I was given the wrong tires for years by a tire shop before finally a manager there pointed out to me those were the wrong tires they had been putting on . No wonder I was going through tires so quickly!

But your problem may not be over with just the tires . You will have to see if thats enough for the weight you carry.

But when I started my detail business I had to upgrade my struts as well.

He did also mention he thought (wasnt sure)you only had one leaf spring on your van and it wasnt steel .

He said some other things but Im not going to say anymore because I probably wont remember exactly what he said .

Also he would have to visibly look at the vehicle to give the right advice.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to do one of two things (both if possible)

1- go on a diet. Why are you carrying so much weight? A full water tank will be the heaviest thing in your van. Explore going waterless or rinse-less washing. Either of those two wash styles will considerably reduce your need for water.

2- Beef up. Purchase a vehicle with a higher weight rating. There are tons of older vehicles that can be purchased cheaply that will be more than sufficient to carry safely all your equipment. I recently purchased a 1995 Chevrolet cargo Van for $1600.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Superior Shine View Post
    Explore going waterless or rinse-less washing. Either of those two wash styles will considerably reduce your need for water.
    No

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Superior Shine View Post
    2- Beef up. Purchase a vehicle with a higher weight rating. There are tons of older vehicles that can be purchased cheaply that will be more than sufficient to carry safely all your equipment. I recently purchased a 1995 Chevrolet cargo Van for $1600.
    Hell no
    Get your shine on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information