Hi guys,

I am currently in charge of setting up a mobile detailing unit for an automotive company (we detail on large scales for auto shows, manage fleets, photoshoots etc). I am new to setting up a mobile detailing and have a few questions to ask.

We are considering a 300 gallon tank, gravity fed with possibly a water heater+deionizer, to drive to auto shows and events which would be about 2500 pounds of water plus a few hundred more for an electric powerwasher, generator, shelves, buffing units etc...

We currently have a single (6x12) single axle trailer with a 200+ gallon tank (was too small), and the single axle wasn`t enough to support the weight. We are currently deciding between a double axle 6x12 or 7x14 or 7x16 trailer (with payload capacities ranging 4000-5500 pounds) or lease/finance a Ford Transit cargo van (payloads ranging from 3500-4500 and Ford only because we have a good relationship with them).

Some of the main advice I`m curious for is any insight on what would be the better option, Van vs Trailer (pros/cons) for carrying that much payload. Also if anyone is familiar with what a decent size trailer would be with that equipment listed above. Also any insight on if 300 gallons is enough for detailing say 5-25 cars at a time with an electric powerwasher (1.5-2.0 GPM) and if the shape (horizontal, vertical, IBC) matters.

Let me know if you need any more information,

Thank you,
Daniel