Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Much Water is Used?

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    One year later.... using the water tank set-up as listed in the OP....

For a pre rinse, chemical decon, then 2BW - Using a garden house and regular hose attachment, I used 20 (+/-) gallons on a 4 door sedan

For a heavy wheel (only the two fronts) cleaning, pre-soak, chemical decon, and 2BW - using a small pressure washer, I used less than 10 gallons for a different 4 door sedan.

And i really like using the pressure washer to clean nasty wheels.
    Hello,
    Is there a reason you`re doing rinseless wash over waterless washing for maintenance (aside from level of grime)? My typical water use for waterless runs 48 ounces or less based on grime. Even during product testing on my extended cab Silverado saturating each panel, I run less than 2 quarts. This does not include my initial pressure rinse or wheels and tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Hello,
    Is there a reason you`re doing rinseless wash over waterless washing for maintenance (aside from level of grime)? My typical water use for waterless runs 48 ounces or less based on grime. Even during product testing on my extended cab Silverado saturating each panel, I run less than 2 quarts. This does not include my initial pressure rinse or wheels and tires.
    Hey!

Main reason: waterless still makes me nervous. I`ve successfully used Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe and Spray & Gloss during some "testing" - One of those cases, the hood was far dirtier than I would have wanted for waterless, but it was about to be polished out, and I wanted to, well, test!

I used S&G on a fairly clean, lightly dusted surface.

Aside from that, grime! By the time I get around to doing my cars, there`s more grime than I care for to do a waterless. Although, that may be changing soon. I`m planning on coating my daily driver and will be trying different "wash techniques" once that`s done. Oh the joys of playing with different products.

48 ounces. Sounds like some nice water savings there! How many towels get used when you do yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Hey!

Main reason: waterless still makes me nervous. I`ve successfully used Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe and Spray & Gloss during some "testing" - One of those cases, the hood was far dirtier than I would have wanted for waterless, but it was about to be polished out, and I wanted to, well, test!

I used S&G on a fairly clean, lightly dusted surface.

Aside from that, grime! By the time I get around to doing my cars, there`s more grime than I care for to do a waterless. Although, that may be changing soon. I`m planning on coating my daily driver and will be trying different "wash techniques" once that`s done. Oh the joys of playing with different products.

48 ounces. Sounds like some nice water savings there! How many towels get used when you do yours?
    My process is to saturate the panel and allow waterless wash to dwell a couple minutes to start breaking down grime, then I gently wipe the top layer in one direction, mist the panel again, wipe with a little more pressure, then dry. Once I finish with the wash process, I will then go back over the entire vehicle with the product diluted for spray wax. This usually uses 2 towels. I mostly use 16``x24`` towels to have a little more surface coverage for washing. On average with my truck I will use 6-8 towels depending how dirty it is. On our Regal I typically use 4-6. Also, never use a dry towel to wash or wipe with. Always spray your towel prior to placing it on the paint. If there is too much grime I will perform a pressure rinse first.
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that, rwright. I`ll keep this in my "notes" for when I try waterless again

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn`t Garry Dean only do rinseless washes? May save on water...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    Doesn`t Garry Dean only do rinseless washes? May save on water...
    Nope.

Garry uses a few different methods. One involves a paint gun looking thing, I think he calls it air injection. And more recently, he`s got some Eco Rinse system, using a 5 gallon container and pressure pump.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 65 Gallon tank. Most of the time I only fill it half full. This gives me enough water to fully detail about 3 cars. The full tank gives me enough to detail 6 to 8 cars. Now I only use the water with a electric 1.2 gpm presser washer to wash the wheels and wheel wells of cars and tucks. I also use it to wash floor mats too. On most cars this does not require much water. I live in an area where there is a lot of farm and off road driving and mud. So for some SUVs this requires a bit of water. I do wash the rest of the car with ONR. I also use the presser washer to wash off the bugs on the front of a car it just makes it faster than tackling it with only ONR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information