Post Thanks / Like

Switching from power washer?

Hey everyone.

In my trailer right now I run a commercial power washer from a water tank and use a foam Cannon.

I`m curious to see how many of you find a power washer beneficial compared to a garden hose set up?

I`ve worked with this set I for a few months but am starting to think a garden hose would be more convenient. I would upgrade my Booster pump to a 5gpm to provide enough flow.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Switching from power washer?

i think a pressure washer works better on really dirty cars to get rid of the stuff that you would be pushing around if you washed by hand. Also, the wheel wells and tires can get a good pre clean, while a garden hose wont really do much for tires and wheel wells. I think if you have the pressure washer on hand, keep it. some jobs you will appreciate it, while others you wont need it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnewxcv View Post
    i think a pressure washer works better on really dirty cars to get rid of the stuff that you would be pushing around if you washed by hand..
    Exactly! Even with my over-the-top wash regimen, the pressure washer is simply *great* for the initial passes to "get the big stuff off". Makes it just *so* much easier to wash marring-free.

Post Thanks / Like

I have quite an affair with pressure washers, but now I seldom use one for washing our vehicles.

It takes too much time to set it up and take it down. If one of our vehicles were really dirty, I`d want to foam it with the thick foam produced by a foam cannon and pressure washer, but our vehicles are seldom that dirty. A pressure washer is a great thing to use in prepping tires and wheels to be coated.

But to set up our pressure washer and take it down probably takes fifteen minutes, and saving that much time on a two-and-a-half-hour wash is something I want to do.

I reckon you`re going to have to try the garden hose setup for yourself and see if it works better for you. If you`re a mobile detailer, though, foaming a vehicle probably looks great to prospective clients (so long as they can see you doing it).

What`s your risk? $75 and the time to set it up?
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn`t considered the set-up time/effort...I just leave mine out all the time.

Thread Information