Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo guys, Just picked up a new 328i looking at a january delviery. Im from New York and do all my own Detaling, but i need a good place to get a weekly weekly wash...anyone know a good place?

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in Missouri do you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it`s time to quit lurking. South City boy (close enough to the White Castles on Grand and Gravois I can smell them when I`m mowing my lawn) , and after hand detailing for 3 years, I`m finally jumping into the PC end of the pool. If you guys haven`t been out to Meguiar`s web site, there`s great detailing info over ther (with videos). An `03 Mustang GT ragtop in redfire metalflake, and a silver metalfalke 06 Honda pilot ( A LOT of real estate !) So trust me when I say automation is a help. Detail class ? Let`s get it on . . . .

Cliff

Post Thanks / Like
    im in the clayton u-city area, i go to wash-U

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I`m in KC, not sure what`s available in STL.

I did get married at the Catholic church in Wash U, nice area there.

Welcome Bob and Cliff, seems like a lot more STL folks here than KC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross213
    Yo guys, Just picked up a new 328i looking at a january delviery. Im from New York and do all my own Detaling, but i need a good place to get a weekly weekly wash...anyone know a good place?
    Not any place in particular, mostly just find a touchless place you can run though to get the worst of it off.

I`m mourning the loss of my garage when I moved up here at the beginning of summer, but I`ll probably keep on washing my car on my own with ONR on days when it`s hopefully at least above freezing. It helps to start with a warm bucket of water and frankly, going over the car with a wool mitt does a better job of getting off road grime than the typical touchless wash. I was out QDing my car today, even knowing that the storm is rolling in tonight. It was just repainted a couple of weeks ago, but knowing there`s a good chance of salt on the roads before the week`s out, I went ahead and put 3 coats of 2180 on the paint. It`s supposed to be new paint safe and I felt I needed the protection.

If you like to do your own detailing, check out ONR or QEW so you can do your own winter washes with just a bucket and WW if you haven`t tried that route already.

If you`d like to try some out or just get together sometime, drop me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, we should deff. put together a detail day some time in the spring....ill prolly bring my Cyclo out with my car...if somone likes to do interiors...im an outside man and would be more than happy to trade services....

Post Thanks / Like
    Just joined today. I`m from Lee`s Summit , MO...KC suburb. I own a 99 Corvette and an 01 Mustang Bullitt. Just thought I`d say hi. Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99torchredvette
    Just joined today. I`m from Lee`s Summit , MO...KC suburb. I own a 99 Corvette and an 01 Mustang Bullitt. Just thought I`d say hi. Scott

Scott: I initially looked at buying a Bullitt, but ended up with an 03 Mach 1. I show the car in most of the local car shows when I have time. But this year, I`ve got a part-time job detailing late model used BMW`s for a reseller and that will probably consume a ton of weekend time.

Good to know you online!

Totoland Mach
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Florissant MO here. I`ve been a member for a few months now, but somehow just came across this post. Glad to see others in the area on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Totoland Mach
    Scott: I initially looked at buying a Bullitt, but ended up with an 03 Mach 1. I show the car in most of the local car shows when I have time. But this year, I`ve got a part-time job detailing late model used BMW`s for a reseller and that will probably consume a ton of weekend time.

Good to know you online!

Totoland Mach
    I like my Bullitt, but I wish it had more power...like your Mach 1.

Just bought a PC 7336, so my career begins in motorized detailing. Looks like a good website for info. Let me know what shows you plan to attend and maybe I`ll have a car there too. Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99torchredvette
    I like my Bullitt, but I wish it had more power...like your Mach 1.

Just bought a PC 7336, so my career begins in motorized detailing. Looks like a good website for info. Let me know what shows you plan to attend and maybe I`ll have a car there too. Scott

Scott: I`m trying to find time to prep my car for World of Wheels show. The BMW detailing is keeping me pretty busy each weekend because the dealer wants a stock of detailed cars for spring sales.

Hopefully, we can hook up somewhere. I also go to the KC-Mustangs functions when I can.

Richard
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard, I belong to KCCA and they just notified members they need another Corvette for World of Wheels. They`re looking for an older one, however I was told if they do not come up with one by tomorrow, they`ll roll with mine...a 99 hardtop.

I just bought a Cable Porter, but don`t know if I want to start with my Corvette. It looks good now so I may just detail by hand if I end up in the show.

The guy that does the clothing for KCCA also owns a Mustang and is in a local club. Gary Hanson is his name...don`t know if that rings a bell or not.

At any rate, I`ll let you know if I`m in the show or not. Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got word...I`m in WWL I`ll look for your Mach 1 there! Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, looking for detailer for a friend who just bought a new `07 Mustang GT coupe and lives out in New Baden, IL (STL area).

It`s black though, if that matters...

...probably would be looking for someone to do the initial detail and then show her/her b/f how to keep it up, although if the price was right, she`d probably be willing to pay for continued touch ups...

If anyone would know of someone good - swirling the paint they can do by themselves - in that area, can you post here or PM me?

Thanks!

Chuck

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information