Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Awesome work Rasky. What kind of scissor lift are you using?
    Thanks! I have a Direct-Lift Pro 6MR.
    Midrise Lifts
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

This vehicle is a referral from a good client of mine who`s GNX I did last summer. They are in a Buick club together and after seeing the GNX he contacted me about getting his car looking better. This vehicle is a one owner car, passed form father to son and it gets driven quite a bit (like they should be) and see`s the drag strip pretty often too. It was repainted back in 2012 if I recall correctly and the paint hasn`t been touched other than washing and the occasional detail spray since the body shop polished it. Being a drivers car the owner wasn`t looking for perfection and was looking to go with my 1-step correction. After washing the car and looking it over there was a lot a sanding marks still in the paint and a slightly different approach needed to be taken.

Process:

Wash - Traditional wash with Megs Hyper wash and lambs wool mits
    Tires - Megs D143 and Tuf Shine wheel brush, dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing
    Wheels - Owner didn`t want time spent trying to get these clean, but I hit them quick with some Megs Wheels Brightener
    Clay/paint prep - Speedy Prep towel and Glide for lube
    Paint Correction - Griot`s Correct Cream with Griot`s MF pads followed by HD Speed with Griot`s yellow polishing pads.
    Tools - Griot`s BOSS G21, Rupes LHR75e, G110v2
    Glass- Megs D120
    Exhaust - Opt Metal Polish

Pics

Paint condition

50/50

Da BOSS!

Finished pics

Fenix PD35 LED

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes mshu7, Marc08EX, zmcgovern45, jsou, Migue and 5 others liked this post
    Thanks Greg Gellas thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For only a one-step, it looks damn good Chad. Not sure it could look much better. Great recovery!
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7 View Post
    For only a one-step, it looks damn good Chad. Not sure it could look much better. Great recovery!
    Thanks!

Well, to be fair it was more like a 1.5 step since I finished with HD Speed.

I tried a few different combos but I wasn`t able to get the correction I wanted from a 1-step while still finishing out perfect. My initial correction step left the paint with a very light DA haze that was quickly cleaned up with HD Speed and it also took care of the waxing step too, so it really only added and extra hour or two to the job and produced a much better result. There are still some sanding marks left behind in some tight areas, but I told the owner that going in and the results we got were well above what was expected.
    Likes mshu7, jsou, Greg Gellas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good client of mine recently purchased this car and wanted to get dialed in and protected. Paint was in good condition with only some light marring and a few isolated areas that appeared to have been spot sanded/polished at the factory and there was still DA haze in the paint.

Process:

Wash - Traditional Wash with Megs Hyper Wash
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes. Coated with OCP.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Correct Cream on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads, spot hit some areas with MF pads first. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Pre-Coating Prep - Eraser wipe down followed by IPA wipe down
    Coating - 2 coats CQF, IR Cured
    Trim - CarPro DLux

Pics
    Spot area left behind from factory

Finished Pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes Angus, Mp0wer, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I see some clouds in that paint....

Seriously though. Beautiful as always !
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, love that color. How do your clients maintain their vehicles? do you get them on a maintenance plan or do they go do their own thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Very nice, love that color. How do your clients maintain their vehicles? do you get them on a maintenance plan or do they go do their own thing?
    I didn`t expect to like that color as much as I do. Looks great on that car!

I`m just part time so I don`t do any maintenance as of right now. I do provide them with a Word Doc that has articles, videos, and clickable links to product suggestions. I also offer them product at my cost and for this particular owner I actually just sent him some ONR, CarPro Reset, wash mit, and various towels free of charge...he`s a very good client though.
    Likes Migue, XxBoostinxX liked this post
    Thanks Migue thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

At first glance I thought it was a Maserati, I`ve never seen a tesla on the road, nice car and beautiful job Chad

Sent from iPhone 6
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work as always Rasky! I have always had a thing for those old school Regals. Still beat myself up for not buying one a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`m just part time so I don`t do any maintenance as of right now. I do provide them with a Word Doc that has articles, videos, and clickable links to product suggestions. I also offer them product at my cost and for this particular owner I actually just sent him some ONR, CarPro Reset, wash mit, and various towels free of charge...he`s a very good client though.
    That is an awesome idea. I have been wanting to come up with something to provide my clients with to help them understand how to keep their paint looking nice. I might have to steal some of your ideas, if you don`t mind that is.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

This is seriously some amazing quality work you`re doing buddy. Very impressed. I was happy using the G21 with the Correcting Creme and microfiber discs. Looks like I`m going to have to play around with the yellow BOSS pads too.
    Houston, TX - 300zx twin turbo - F355 F1 Spider - Miata turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work! This thread is a big motivation for me, after not having detailed my truck in a long time. Sadly I hate to say much is the paint is beyond repair after parking lot damage and small hit and runs while I was home asleep. But I sure would like to get my truck as shiny as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

This 2003 Honda S2000 was in for a 2-step paint correction and CQF coating. Overall the car was in really nice shape for it`s age and just needed a little love.

Process:

Wash - Traditional Wash with Megs Hyper Wash
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes. Coated with OCP.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Perfecting Cream on yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Deep scratch - Sanded with 1500/3000 (removed around 3-4 microns)
    Pre-Coating Prep - Eraser wipe down followed by IPA wipe down
    Coating - 3 coats CQF, IR Cured
    Headlights - Polished and coated with Opti-Lens
    Rear Trim - Coated with Opti-Lens
    Exhaust - Optimum Metal Polish

Before pics
    Road grim/tar

Tips

Bugs

Wheels were in nice shape...cars never seen a MN winter.

Deeper scratch that needed to be sanded

Light scratches

All Prepped

50/50

Scratch removed

Finished pics

Thanks for looking,

Rasky
    Likes mshu7, Mp0wer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Better than new !!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Rasky`s Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installe...

Great job Chad

May I ask what you use to get black tar off the rocker panels and lower panels behind the wheels? I`ve tried CarPro`s bug and tar remover but didn`t work very well.
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information